|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Do you want to help Arm realize our vision of a more secure future? We are looking for a proven individual who possess hands-on security architecture researcher to join the Security group in Arm Research. You will join a team of security, verification and computer architecture researchers, to develop new security technologies. You will be accountable for advancing state of the art, through technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, influencing and specifying future technology with Arm’s product groups, and taking part in academic and customer engagements.
The responsibilities of the Principal Security Research Engineer will include the following:
- Leading the development and evaluation of system security technologies for edge compute, IoT and distributed systems.
- Tracking the state of the art in the wider security research community and evaluating the most promising techniques for use in future Arm products.
- Attending conferences and collaborating with academic partners.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years' research experience in a security-related area.
- Expertise in applying security principles to complex, real-world systems, and prototyping, evaluating and analyzing the latest security technologies.
- Awareness of a broad range of security threats and attacks, and the approaches that can be used to defend against them.
- Excellent communications and social skills, able to provide guidance with the uncertainty that comes from working at the top tier edge. Ability to work independently on new research topics, and together in a team.
- Proficient with developing low-level systems code in C.
What additional skills are a desirable to have?
- Understanding of system software (Linux kernel, hypervisors, network stacks etc.) and system architecture concepts (how a machine boots etc.)
- Programming experience in one or more of C++, Python, and Go; and exposure to functional programming.
- Familiarity with system security mechanisms and functionality such as: roots of trust, secure boot, remote attestation, and trusted execution environments as implemented by hardware, firmware, and software.
- Experience using and extending the Linux kernel, Docker, Kubernetes or related software. Comfortable working on and contributing to large open source projects.
- Familiarity or awareness of IoT systems, distributed computing, trusted computing, containerization, or cloud architectures.
- Some exposure to line management and mentoring of junior team members.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs