|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
About the role
We are looking to add a 4G LTE/5G/LPWAN system engineer into Arm's IoT platform research team. This team works closely with IoT business unit, partners, and wider academia to identify promising nascent ideas in the IoT domain and develop them into tomorrow's key software systems and technologies.
What will I be accountable for?
Arm Research plays a central role in identifying gaps in current technologies and in conducting world leading research to fill those gaps. You will join a team developing core platform technologies for addressing emerging IoT use cases. This is a rare opportunity to work in a small, focused R & D team and help drive Arm's mission of securely connecting and deploying IoT devices based on Arm microcontrollers. We desire a hands-on system software engineer with expertise in cellular/LPWAM technology and protocols with a focus on end-to-end system architecture. Your role will encompass advancing the state-of-the-art in the IoT domain through contributions to Arm's Pelion and Mbed platforms to enable our customers to efficiently build, deploy, secure, and handle connected IoT products on Arm based devices.
- We highly desire a creative engineer with significant experience working at the system software level.
- You possess the ability to see the big picture, question the norm, and articulate the problem.
- You can translate relatively abstract ideas into concrete workable solutions.
- You love experimenting with ground breaking technologies that may be relatively immature at the time of their use.
- You are good in identifying the technology trade-offs and can synthesize pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand by judiciously using published and open-source technologies.
- You are a strong programmer and are not afraid to dive in large code bases.
- You take pride in your code and enjoy contributing to open source projects. You are thrilled at the prospect of enabling the vision of a trillion interconnected devices.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor or advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in system software development
- In depth knowledge of 3G/4G LTE/5G/LPWAN/NB-IOT system
- Networking basics with knowledge of end-to-end architecture (UE, RAN, core, PDNs)
- Working knowledge of security fundamentals including PKI, TLS, cryptography, etc.
- Excellent programming and debugging skills in C / C++ / Assembly
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Python, etc.
Desirable experience and skills:
- ONAP, OPNFV, ODL etc.
- Femto, eNB, eNB GW, vCPEs, SFC
- LoraWAN, Sigfox
- APN, MVNO
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs