|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
About the Engineering Team
The Engineering team at Syapse builds our revolutionary oncology decision support platform that empowers physicians to deliver consistent, high-quality precision cancer care. We’re scaling our data platform using distributed systems, stream processing, and microservices. To do this and tackle all our engineering challenges, our autonomous, customer value focused scrum teams work in short sprints and own product areas end to end. Our domain-based guilds (e.g. Data Semantics, Web Technology, Architecture) balance that by encouraging the building of communities and foster collaboration across teams.
As Syapse continues to grow, we’ll use advanced software engineering methods to expand the capabilities of the platform—and help deliver the best cancer care to every patient.
About the role
You will join our newly-formed ecosystem team whose focus is to develop data-intensive applications that are the bridge between our health-system customers and companies in the healthcare ecosystem pioneering the use of real world evidence in the treatment of cancer. As an early member of the ecosystem team, you will have a unique opportunity to establish new infrastructure and processes that enable us to deliver insights that drive the practice of precision medicine forward. As a data architect, you will be our expert on healthcare data models, data structures, and standards. You will drive the design of our data stores for ecosystem applications. You will work in close collaboration with data engineers, server-side engineers, and clinical informatics team members. You will make sure our ecosystem applications have clinical, molecular, and billing data structured in a way that empowers the team to build industry-leading analytics pipelines, data visualization applications, and other services.
Our team is based out of Syapse’s East Coast office and takes pride in our unique culture and environment. Our mission as a company is a serious one, so you can expect to join a nimble team that strives for ever increasing standards of delivery with quality. Fortunately, when you love what you do and you are surrounded by great people, you can grow and accomplish more than you think possible.
What you bring to the table
- Demonstrated track record designing and building life science and/or healthcare data stores
- Strong understanding of data modeling concepts with experience in building conceptual, logical and physical models
- Experienced at implementing enterprise data integration and ETL in support of information management activities, especially those relevant to data warehousing, business intelligence, and data lakes
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence architecture, implementation, and best practices
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational data stores (e.g. columnar, document-based, and key/value stores)
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or related field
- 7+ years relevant work experience
Bonus points if you
- Have had exposure to big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka
- Have experience working with AWS cloud technologies, especially DynamoDB, RedShift, Athena, and Kinesis
- Have pharmaceutical industry experience, especially supporting clinical trials, real world evidence, or biomarker R&D
- Have experience working with billing and claims data, especially in support of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Have experience with molecular and genomic data including NGS, IHC, FISH, and CNV
Benefits and perks
Competitive pay and ownership in the company
100% company paid medical, dental and vision for employees
Flexible time off
Transit assistance & Pre-tax commuter benefits.
Weekly catered lunches and office snacks
Company sponsored gym membership & lots of other perks
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs