|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
About the Engineering Team
The Engineering team at Syapse builds our revolutionary oncology decision support platform that empowers physicians to deliver consistent, high-quality precision cancer care. We’re scaling our data platform using distributed systems, stream processing, and microservices. To do this and tackle all our engineering challenges, our autonomous, customer value focused scrum teams work in short sprints and own product areas end to end. Our domain-based guilds (e.g. Data Semantics, Web Technology, Architecture) balance that by encouraging the building of communities and foster collaboration across teams.
As Syapse continues to grow, we’ll use advanced software engineering methods to expand the capabilities of the platform—and help deliver the best cancer care to every patient.
About the role
You will join our newly-formed ecosystem team whose focus is to develop data-intensive applications that are the bridge between our health-system customers and companies in the healthcare ecosystem pioneering the use of real world evidence in the treatment of cancer. As an early member of the ecosystem team, you will have a unique opportunity to establish novel user interfaces and infrastructure that enable us to deliver insights that drive the practice of precision medicine forward. You will design and build out the applications and tooling that make data more accessible and enable analytics pipelines, data visualization, and other services.
Our team is based out of Syapse’s East Coast office and takes pride in our unique culture and environment. Our mission as a company is a serious one, so you can expect to join a nimble team that strives for ever increasing standards of delivery with quality. Fortunately, when you love what you do and you are surrounded by great people, you can grow and accomplish more than you think possible.
Some projects we work on:
- Creating applications that enable researchers to gain insight into precision medicine through the exploration and analysis of real world evidence
- Integration of Patient Reported Outcomes data with other clinical data to give analysts a comprehensive picture of a patient’s cancer journey
- Translate complex, and sometimes messy, healthcare data into a standard form
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Owning the development of new features end-to-end from the user interface to the data store and everything in between.
- Work closely with designers, data architects, data engineers, and subject matter experts to define industry-leading experiences
- Bring projects from all the way from conceptualization to development to deployment
Some skills we’re looking for:
- Four years of experience building sophisticated server-side platforms
- Building smart, understandable and versioned APIs
- Unafraid to work throughout the application stack on UI, DevOps, Data Stores, and more
- Computer Science or closely related degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
- Big data experience
- Healthcare or Life Sciences experience
- Experience working in a regulated industry
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs