|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The Paribus engineering team is a highly collaborative and passionate group. Our experiences range from building App Store topping hits to optimizing Google’s search algorithms to scaling infrastructure for the world’s largest hospitals. Now, we help hundreds of thousands of families save money without lifting a finger. We love solving hard problems that have a major impact, and we’re looking for a mobile expert who can help us build out a world class suite of mobile applications. In 2016, we joined forces with Capital One to accelerate bringing our product to the masses. We now have the ability to deliver a transformative product to tens of millions of people.
Check out https://paribus.co to find out more about what we do.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web, to highly-available RESTful services, to backend data processing applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks in Big Data.
You'll bring solid knowledge in designing and developing of distributed applications that are fault tolerant and resilient. You will have demonstrated experience in software development. You'll also leverage your experience of building solutions involving databases like PostgreSQL for cloud architectures like Amazon Web Services (AWS). In addition, you'll get to use your skills in Python with web frameworks like Django or Flask. You'll be accountable for enabling DevOps practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test Automation using tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and ECS.
What You’ll Do:
- Help Paribus grow by hiring, leading, and developing a team of engineers
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve (and deploy) software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Application development experience
- At least of 3 years of distributed systems experience
- At least 2 years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development and running enterprise applications
- At least 2 years of experience of managing people
- 9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
- 6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs