|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and interested in solving meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe that this is a great role for someone who has the right background to be apart of our dynamic team and who wants to apply their skills to support our mission here.
The Center for Molecular Oncology at MSKCC is searching for extraordinary computational data scientists with an interest in developing and applying bioinformatic/quantitative methods to problems in translational cancer biology.
You should have a proven background in both bioinformatics and cancer biology to lead and assist in the development of a state-of-the-art genomics analysis platform. You will interact with investigators with expertise in computational biology, translational therapeutics, and molecular pathology among others.
The focus of this research work is the integrative analysis of high throughput genomic data, and work with computational and laboratory-based investigators. The goal is to identify the mutational programs and pathways implicated in disease and treatment response phenotypes and to identify novel therapeutic targets. Projects focus on population-scale clinical genomics; Immunogenomics; high-throughput characterization of cell-free DNA; intratumoral and inter-patient heterogeneity; integration of somatic and germline genomics; machine-learning and data science-focused methodologies; and many others. The best suited candidate will have a focus on and dedication to translational science, be a creative thinker, extraordinary communicator, enjoy working with an interdisciplinary team, and bring intellectual and analytical rigor to their work.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
To be considered for a Computational Biologist II, you need:
- Masters of Science in cancer biology, genetics, computational biology, or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in academic or corporate research.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Strong computational and programming skills, including thorough experience with the following: UNIX environment, next-generation sequencing analysis packages (e.g., Samtools, GATK), advanced programming skills, statistical packages.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics concepts, methods, and tools.
- Familiarity with genomic data, tools, and databases.
- Ability to solve complex problems individually and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting abilities, attention to detail and accuracy, and outstanding oral and written English communication skills.
To be considered for a Sr. Computational Biologist, you need:
- Master's, Ph.D., or equivalent in biological science, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or related discipline with strong quantitative background. Proficiency with scientific computing software (Matlab, R) and scripting languages is required.
- Solid programming skills and extensive research experience in the biological sciences. A thorough understanding and experience in statistics is strongly preferred.
- Research experience in statistical genetics/genomics strongly preferred and a familiarity with next-generation sequence data and analysis tools is a plus.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively; making necessary connections with experts in various biological and clinical groups.
- Highly motivated with excellent oral and written English communication skills; experience in delivering oral scientific presentations and writing scientific articles strongly preferred.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs