|Date Posted||October 23, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science
We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we’re on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products.
You still think Market Research is about questionnaires aggregated with Excel?
Wrong! Our Media Measurement teams records, refines, recombines and reports data at petabyte-scale in our own big data environments and make it available with high performance computing solutions.
The Media Measurement Engineering team owns the responsibility to build and run data-driven solutions for our Media Measurement business.
This is only possible with extraordinary people.
And that’s why we are looking for YOU! A passionate Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d).
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the Global Media Measurement Tech and Client Operations management team and focus on maintaining healthy solutions and products that are operated globally.
Your specific tasks will include:
- Software development. Maintain and develop our international used software suite for collecting and refining audience-measurement data for TV and Radio.
- Requirements engineering and business consulting. Create client-focused software solutions for the increasing demands of the media measurement business, as a consequence of the changing media-consumer behavior.
- Establish and maintain solutions across systems. Working hand-in-hand with the system- and solution-architects, to integrate different media-measurement applications and methodologies to an efficient, cost-optimized and business-oriented system.
- International support of country-specific software-adaptions. Consulting our international business-support, by working together in mixed scrum-teams of developers and SREs (site reliability engineers) and QA.
We look for a profile with complementary skills, such as:
- Strong skills in design and architecture of software systems.
- Excellent skills in software engineering – C# / MVC / .NET / Java 8 and JEE.
- In-depth experience using cloud based development platforms, ideally AWS.
- Experience with MS-SQL-Server or equivalent, excellent SQL skills.
- Experience in using document oriented NoSQL database systems, e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Experience with cloud management tools, to control the cost-efficient use of resources in cloud environments.
- High security-awareness especially in cloud based environments.
- Skills with regard to agile practices and culture including concepts like DevOps and Lean. Ideally experienced with SAFe.
On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech-obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots!
Why else GfK?
- Any advantages of a Global Player combined with an agile start-up atmosphere
- Annual budget to attend development programs and conferences
- Free language classes
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 24.12 / 31.12.)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Occupational pensions
- Group accident insurance also for private life
- Sports and health management
- Childcare during the summer holidays
- 5 days paid leave for each child sickness
- Subsidized canteen / meals and free water
- Visa sponsorship and relocation service to help anyone moving from abroad
Our doors in our open-concept office space are open for everyone and we are free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives and that’s why we need YOU!
Let’s design and shape our exciting future together. Right here. Right now. Together!
Just send an email to Maximilian
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs