|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 23, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science
We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we’re on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products.
You still think Market Research is about questionnaires aggregated with Excel?
Wrong! For our tracking business, software engineering is not only an enabler, but its DNA: Here we process and harmonize data of 15 Million products of 425.000 shopping outlets worldwide. One of the finest business intelligence engines provides customers with millions of reports and continuous online analytics.
Hundreds of Terabytes raw data per year, high-end server technology including several Superdomes servers with thousands of CPU cores to process up to 40b fact records for analytics is our daily business. And we are growing by 20-30% per year.
This is only possible with extraordinary people.
And that’s why we are looking for YOU! A passionate Solutions Architect (m/f/d)
You will be working closely with Principal Architects in your area to define technical and architecture strategy for a business solution which is aligned with global architecture principals and approaches.
Concrete tasks will include:
- Work with other technical architects working on different systems within the same solution boundary and make sure the architecture and approach of each individual systems is very well aligned with overall business solution.
- Take ambiguous business product vision and translate that into number of systems and boundaries between them along with cross system interactions. focus on reusability across systems.
- Do regular architecture reviews with other architects and be the tie breaker in case of conflicts around which technical approach or tool is best fit.
- Establish effective processes to ensure architecture maturity is met at solution level.
- Create and own NFR roadmap of the solution and work with product team to get these prioritized in healthy way.
- You will be accountable for the architecture maturity of a business product which may involve multiple systems and sub systems.
We look for a profile with complementary skills, such as:
- 10 years + of solid commercial development experience in Java and other open stack working as a Software Engineer, Sr. Engineer, Lead Engineer, Technical Architect roles across your career.
- Strong track record as Solution Architect and working across multiple delivery teams and technical architect’s toad delivering effective technical strategy and architecture for a business products.
- Expert Knowledge of the Java stack – Spring, Apache libraries and common open source frameworks, REST, API design, API Strategy, Semantic richness of APIs & micro-services with good exposure to GraphQL.
- Prior experience in architecting Cloud based multi-tenant SaaS solution with high scalability and high availability
- Strong understanding of Linux distributions, Experience with data structures and algorithms, processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Security aware at all stages of the development process. Comprehensive automated testing experience with continuous integration and Continuous delivery pipelines.
- Passionate about code quality and readability. Have proven track records around Thinking big, bias for action and insist on highest standards.
- Solution Architecture, System Design, knowledge of various architectural and design patterns and anti-patterns. You know the difference between good engineering and over engineering.
- Confirm architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability applications by developing analytical models; completing validation tests.
- Considered as a plus:
- Architecting Data Science and Machine Learning platforms
- Containerization technologies such as Docker
- Used to work in agile Scrum teams, ideally experienced with SAFe
On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech-obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots!
Why else GfK?
- Any advantages of a Global Player combined with an agile start-up atmosphere
- Annual budget to attend development programs and conferences
- Free language classes
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 24.12 / 31.12.)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Occupational pensions
- Group accident insurance also for private life
- Sports and health management
- Childcare during the summer holidays
- 5 days paid leave for each child sickness
- Subsidized canteen / meals and free coffee/water
- Visa sponsorship and relocation service to help anyone moving from abroad
Our doors in our newly built open-concept office space are open for everyone and we are free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives and that’s why we need YOU!
Let’s design and shape our exciting future together. Right here. Right now. Together!
Just send an email to Florian
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs