|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Big Huge Games is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the engineering team developing gameplay and feature automation tests, QA tools, and debug utilities to help ensure our projects meet and exceed our high-quality bar. As a senior team member, this position will provide mentoring and leadership to junior engineers. We're looking for candidates who possess a strong technical background and can combine engineering and quality assurance practices. A passion for games and game development is a must.
- Design, develop, debug, and update automated functionality tests for DomiNations and future game projects.
- Communicate with QA teams to develop tools, commands, and utilities that increase the efficiency of the manual QA process.
- Plan, develop and debug tools and automation tests for new features and content.
- Perform team code reviews and architecture reviews and provide mentoring and code feedback to junior engineers
- Provide team leadership bandwidth when needed
- Work with Central Tools team engineers to develop and improve automation frameworks and related technologies
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering/development role
- Strong knowledge of C# is a must
- Experience with Java and Python
- Understanding of Quality Assurance practices and methodologies relating to standalone applications
- Full feature architecture experience or understanding
- Ability to design and write automation systems for complex features
- Ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance/extend the existing architecture
- Source control system knowledge and usage (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Outstanding team, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A strong passion for gaming and game development is an absolute must
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Unity3D Engine experience
- Previous QA testing experience preferred
- Familiar with iOS and Android games/apps
- Experience or familiarity with Amazon services such as EC2 and VPC
- Knowledge of REST and socket based server communication structures
- - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING POSITION NOTES - -
This position does not involve web server, web front-end, or website application automation. This is an onsite position in the vicinity of Baltimore, MD, no remote or 'telecommuting' option is available.
All applicants must include a cover letter containing an overview of how they think automation could be used to more effectively and efficiently test your favorite game.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs