|at ( view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Quantcast is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to work on the Product Engineering team in our San Francisco office. As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be an integral part of the team that builds and maintains data measurement applications within one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the advertising space.
Your job is to define and implement APIs, backend data components for our cloud based data products that provide valuable insights to Publishers. You will thrive in an environment where independent decision-making based on product requirements is the norm.Individuals in this role will be expected to keep up with the fast evolving Amazon AWS tech stack as well as the open source based technologies. You should be comfortable in all aspects of building backend components, like defining and implementing microservices, APIs that connect our UI with our data backend, user authorization and other services.
The Product Engineering team is responsible for developing Quantcast’s SaaS data products, Quantcast Measure, that deliver valuable audience insights, reporting and analytics products to publishers and brands. The Product Engineering team works with the Product Managers and our customers to help define and refine the products and roadmap.
- Work with your team to determine product direction and customer needs
- Develop and improve the service layers that connect the data backend to web apps
- Share knowledge, methodologies and best practices amongst the product engineering team and other teams
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along
- Mentor Software Engineers and Interns
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field and 5+ years of software development experience
- Exceptional experience in programming with Java. Proficiency in Python
- Experience with data processing frameworks and technologies like Hadoop MapReduce, Spark or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql/MySQL, HBase, Elastic Search and a passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products
- Data modeling / warehousing experience is a plus
- Passion for building data pipelines, ETL systems at scale
- Experience working with services provided by AWS, for eg. DynamoDB, Kinesis etc is a plus
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs