|Date Posted||November 5, 2018|
Thailand - Work Permit Jobs
Background Information - Job-specific
Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) / Enterprise Application Centre-Bangkok (EAC-BKK)
In 2014 EAC-BKK was established to serve as Asia-Pacific hub to build enterprise applications for the United Nations Secretariat. The staff being located both in New York and Bangkok, EAC-BKK oversees the development and maintenance of enterprise applications such as iNeed Customer Relationship Management system (iNeed), Electronic Fuel Management System 2 (eFMS-2), Electronic Contingency-Owned Equipment (eCOE), and Electronic Rations Management System (eRMS) among others.
Core enterprise application solutions have been built upon Siebel CRM public sector, Oracle-based identity management systems, JEE Spring Framework, PeopleSoft, SAP and Android/iPhone mobile platforms.
The position is located in Bangkok, Thailand. Under the general supervision of the Chief of Service, the incumbent reports to the senior project managers based on the resource requirement and project schedules.
The Information Systems Officer gathers user requirements, maps new business processes, conducts quality assurance activities, prepares relevant documentation, configures SAP Material Management (MM) module, liaises with ABAP developers, and administers SAP and Siebel in the context of eRMS user management.
The incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Lead development team and manage full development cycles of enterprise applications
- Carry out systems analysis, design and development of technical artifacts
- Develop technical and functional specifications
- Conduct system integrations based on the sound architectural design
- Ensure data security and access control
- Develop disaster recovery plans
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new technologies for sustainable operations of the developed systems
- Provide third-tier support and provide expert advice to resolve incidents and recurring problems to improve the stability of information systems
- Perform other duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- In coordination with the senior project managers, the incumbent is to monitor the progress and assure the on-time deliveries of technical artifacts and documents produced by the development team
- The incumbent is expected to exercise flexibility in dynamically changing delivery requirements and coordination skills in the controls of delivery schedule
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. An advanced degree in the related field is desirable.
b. Work Experience
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in information systems analysis, programming, systems administration and maintenance, or software development is required for a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields. A Master’s degree may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of practical hands-on experience in JEE & Spring framework is required.
- Knowledge of Linux, UN application architecture, or integration with Siebel and other standard platforms is desirable.
c. Language Requirements
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: IICA2
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Thailand - Work Permit Jobs