|Date Posted||November 6, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
foodora is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in 17 countries around the globe. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favorite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bicycle couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We're currently expanding through Europe, Asia, Canada and we are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team. Not only do we want to bring quality food to customers around the world, we also want to redefine delivery food to include the very best meals from beloved local restaurants.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (f/m/d) for our Berlin HQ!
As a Software Engineer in Test (SET), you are proficient in programming, analytical thinking, problem solving, and design with a testing mentality and passion for quality. You are interested in technology that promotes and improves testing.
Not only will you write testing scripts, automation frameworks and develop testing tools, but you will also participate in the complete lifecycle from requirements to post-release activities. You help shape the requirements, advise on complexities and technical limitations, design complete automation solutions for them, programmatically implement these solutions, and report on their executions within your team. You will also work on improving automation frameworks and develop testing tools and technologies to promote the practice of testing within the company and to improve test coverage.
- Design and implement testing tools and technologies to improve the practice of testing across the company.
- Design and develop new testing scenarios.
- Develop unit tests and API tests.
- Design testing scenarios that are technically feasible and of high value to be programmatically automated.
- Continuously refine automation framework and improve it.
- Maintain existing test scripts and periodically ensure they are valid and bug-free.
- Derive test automation strategies to better improve reliability of automation.
- Improve automated coverage and reporting.
- Inform the team about the technical assessment and effort estimation of automated testing solutions for planned requirements.
- Work closely with Product Development team and QAs to align on application behavior and technical dependencies.
- Maintain traceability of automated tests with requirement tickets and QA Test Case Management System.
- Conduct manual testing during regression cycles to sharpen product knowledge continuously.
- Work with the different Product Development team to bridge the gap between development technologies and testing technologies.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3-4+ years of experience in a development role as Software Engineer or SDET.
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills.
- Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
- Expert level with Java/Python or other OO languages.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes (e.g. Jenkins, Travis).
- Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
- Expertise in automation using a programming language.
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, problem-solving skills, and communication skills.
- Excellent debugging and unit testing skills.
- Highly organized and able to handle complexities.
- Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
Nice to have:
- Experience with test and behavior driven development
- Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects
- Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures.
We are a highly dynamic team working with the Spotify Squad Approach where each team player is required to take full charge of his/her work and deliver value through it with minimal supervision. We cherish those who are self-starter and initiative takers that build and promote their own practice and value through each Squad.
We have a determined flow of work, where work is continuously discussed on the fly, decisions are made on the go, and collaboration is done in real-time. In this role you are on the move and agile; interacting with all teams. We value highly integrated team members that initiate, talk, and contribute!
What We Offer:
A modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to amazing restaurants and bars. Inside the walls of this office you’ll find:
- An empowering, international and agile working environment
- Responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business
- Office parties and exciting team events
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table, table tennis and a playstation room, as well as free language classes and of course a monthly corporate discount for foodora!
Up for a challenge? Apply now!
More information about what we are doing can be found on our tech blog, so check it out!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs