|Location||Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Thailand|
|Date Posted||November 6, 2018|
Thailand - Work Permit Jobs
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen.
Our Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build data applications across our business domains.
Why Machine Learning in Agoda?
In Agoda we adopt a data-centric approach to solve almost all business problems. We build real-time machine learning applications to answer questions like ranking, recommendation, and how to serve prices most efficiently. Our systems scale across multiple data centers, handling a few hundred thousand requests per second, and respond within a few milliseconds.
This is a unique combination of hard-core engineering challenges (scalability, performance, sometimes really low-level tuning) and complex machine learning algorithms.
Day to day
- You’ll work with experienced engineers data scientists and product owners to identify business opportunities, design and create new data pipelines from scratch, all the way to deploying them to production
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning applications
- Improve scalability, speed and performance of existing models
- 3+ years of industry experience, including software development experience
- Experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Scala, Python, Java or C++
- Experience working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- Adherence to data driven development where decisions are based on data and A/B experimentation
- Desire to learn the details of advance machine learning algorithms
Nice to have
- Work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano, or Scikit-Learn
- Experience building large-scale distributed products
- Passionate about functional programming
A few of the technologies we use
Scala, Spark & MLlib, Python, Jupyter, Hadoop, Hive, Impala
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Thailand - Work Permit Jobs