|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science
We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we’re on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products.
You still think Market Research is about questionnaires aggregated with Excel?
Wrong! Since we are providing high available data-driven software services on top of our petabyte-scale big data environments to clients all over the world, we are embracing all the great open source tools and services that allow us to setup, orchestrate, deploy and run our software anywhere, sparked by the commanding magic of our fingertips.
This is only possible with extraordinary people.
And that’s why we are looking for YOU! A passionate Big Data Engineer (m/f/d).
As a Big Data Engineer (m/f/d), you will join our team consisting of Web Developers, Java Engineers, DevOps, Solution Architects, UX Experts and Product Managers. Together, we are striving to design and establish highly scalable, cutting edge web-based products based on advanced data science methods and multiple market research data sources.
Maximizing the user experience while building highly efficient infrastructures is what matters most to us. Generating interactive predictions and simulations for our clients based on billions of datapoints is our daily business.
You will be collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
In that position, you’ll be looked after by Jörg, who is an experienced leader of Software Engineering, IT Operations and Product Management teams with a passion for encouraging team members to exploit their individual quirks to the benefit of the team.
Jörg loves all sports, especially the ones including hitting something with a racket, so if you love sports too, you might be challenged to a match of mini ping-pong or foosball every once in a while.
Your specific tasks will include:
- Being part of engineering team for our Big Data platforms
- Implement Spark-based processing pipelines
- Support Data Science with building & deployment automation, reusability, modularization, pre-computation and scalability
- Support Big Data Platform Operations
- Deployment, debugging and configuration
- Implement & maintain micro-services that support Big Data Platforms (e.g. Coaching, Monitoring)
- Plan and implement interfaces between Big Data Platforms and other platforms (e.g. BI tooling)
We look for a profile with complementary skills, such as:
- Good knowledge of the Hadoop Ecosystem (e.g. CDH, Spark, Hive, HBase)
- Knowledge of state of the art software design principles and patterns
- Excellent programming skills in either Java, Scala or Python
- Experience in building and orchestrating and efficient Big Data Processing pipelines
- Cloud Services experience (e.g. Amazon AWS)
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Used to work in agile Scrum teams, ideally experienced with SAFe
On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech-obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots!
Why else GfK?
- Any advantages of a Global Player combined with an agile start-up atmosphere
- Annual budget to attend development programs and conferences
- Free language classes
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 24.12 / 31.12.)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Occupational pensions
- Group Accident insurance also for private life
- Sports and health Management
- Childcare during the summer Holidays
- 5 days paid leave for each child sickness
- Subsidized Canteen / Meals and free coffee/water
- Visa Sponsorship and Relocation service to help anyone moving from abroad
Our doors in our newly built open-concept office space are open for everyone and we are free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives and that’s why we need YOU!
Let’s design and shape our exciting future together. Right here. Right now. Together!
Just send an email to Maximilian
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs