|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
Australia - 457 Visa Jobs
Emesent is an award-winning venture backed technology company that provides innovative end-to-end data solutions for the infrastructure and mining industry. At Emesent, we deliver revolutionary efficiency, safety and operational insights to underground mines and other GPS-denied environments through automated data collection and analytics using autonomous drones and machine learning.
Emesent is a spin-off of the CSIRO Robotics Group with a strong team of experienced roboticists and engineers dedicated to creating the next generation of autonomous drones and analytics for industrial applications. We are a growing team, developing on the cutting edge and creating impactful solutions in sunny Brisbane, Australia.
Emesent is looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer/Data Analytics Engineer to join our Data Analytics team in Brisbane and help Emesent become the world leader in autonomous data collection and analytics for industrial applications. You will be responsible for carrying out R&D and engineering tasks to deliver advanced 3D analytic software that facilitates and automates the bulk analysis of geospatial data and turns it into actionable insights for the customer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain desktop application software for the processing, analysis and visualisation of geospatial 3D data.
- Design and implement tools and interfaces to facilitate the easy interpretation and manipulation of point clouds for the purpose of helping customers monitor and analyse ongoing mining operations via the use of 3D Lidar systems.
- Engineer, research, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art algorithms that automate the analysis of 2D and 3D data and generate actionable insights to the customer.
- Measure and optimize systems by tracking their performance in real-world usage.
- Work with our drone autonomy and hardware teams to automate and optimise the whole workflow of data collection and analysis.
- Work with our partners and explore the integration of our analytics algorithms into their software platforms.
- Promote software and development process quality, efficiency and best practices for the codebase.
- Be a positive, energetic and collaborative team member who is willing to own and drive our data analytics product offering.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ combined experience in software engineering or data analytics.
- Experience developing and writing scalable and testable software for commercial applications.
- Good understanding of application architecture and algorithm optimization.
- Proficient in writing production-ready application software for Windows in C++.
- Excellent mathematics and algorithms skills.
- Able to test your work, debug and profile applications, and communicate results and tradeoffs.
- Organised, accurate, innovative & highly motivated with close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Experience developing analytics algorithms and/or software for 3D data analysis.
- Experience with mining software such as Deswick, Surpac, Vulcan, i-Site, etc.
- Proficiency in Python, C# and the Qt user interface libraries.
- 3D programming/Spatial data processing experience is highly regarded.
- Experience with database code for the management and processing of large geospatial and time series data sets.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Employer-contributed superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Four weeks annual leave.Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Australia - 457 Visa Jobs