|Date Posted||November 9, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Professional Services team. The position of Technical Services Manager is open to remote applicants as well as locals in commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in and reside in the United States on a full-time basis.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
About the Position
The Technical Services Manager is a member of Interfolio Services team and is ultimately responsible for all technical services that are delivered to our clients. Initially, the key focus of this position will be to define, configure and be the initial consumer of an ETL framework. This framework will support our implementations by providing a seamless experience of data transfer, transformation and integration for the client. This lead will be the main technical client facing lead to help support our client implementations. In addition to the integration management, this person will also support other technical services including SSO setup/maintenance and product API support and management. This person will also be responsible for building a technical services practice including updating existing processes, managing client deadlines, defining best practices in order for the services team to implement clients reliably and at increasing scale.
Key attributes are a customer first mentality, an agile and adaptable mindset, self-motivated visionary spirit, capacity to give and receive constructive criticism, and a willingness to equally teach and learn.
- Work with the business team to clarify requirements and provide effective technical designs aligning with industry best practices
- Drive the design, requirements and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust ETL applications
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to the services team data analysts and project management team
- Conceptualize, develop and deploy data extraction procedures working collaboratively with new product clients
- Manage client engagements with the support of the services data analyst team including project management
- Ensure that barriers to accurate completion of Data Integration Services projects are anticipated and addressed
- Support internal and external client project managers to ensure timely delivery of implementation where required
- Build and foster strong relationships with all levels of technical and non-technical staff at client institutionsIdentify, recognize, and act on opportunities for improvement in order to advance business goals
- Confront problems, change, and/or challenges quickly and enthusiastically
- Support and lead calls for prospective client partners around Interfolio’s data integration methodology
- Developing validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, and standard operating procedures
- Analyzing validation test data to figure out whether systems or processes have met validation criteria
- Performing root cause analysis
- Coordinating the implementation or scheduling of validation testing with affected client departments and personnel
- Crafting, populating, or maintaining databases for tracking validation activities, test results, or validated systems
- Support technical services including SSO setup/maintenance and product API support/management
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience building requirements, configuring and consuming ETL services and analytics applications that use AWS Glue, Redshift, Athena or Aurora
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Delivery experience with data integration projects
- API management including ability to translate and explain technical concepts to client teams
- Excellent customer communication and project management skills
- Programming in any high level language, SQL scripts, and Java scripting
- Understanding of relational databases including intermediate level SQL
- Basic understanding on internet protocols, networks, and related technologies, including http, xml, REST and Soap web services
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in and reside in the United States on a full-time basis
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a wellness benefit, 401k, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs