|Date Posted||November 26, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
With more than eight million customer contracts, 1&1 IONOS is the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services. From VPS to bare metal servers to high-end IaaS solutions: 1&1 IONOS offers medium-sized and large companies all the products they need to build their hybrid or multi-cloud environments and is the only IaaS cloud computing provider in Germany with its own code stack. With over 90,000 servers, 1&1 IONOS operates one of the world's largest and highest quality IT infrastructures. In Crisp Research's Cloud Vendor Universe, 1&1 IONOS has repeatedly been recognized as one of the leading providers of cloud platforms.
The Enterprise Cloud of 1&1 IONOS is the "Cloud - Made in Germany" with self-developed, data protection-compliant IaaS platform for companies, system houses/integrators and managed service providers. It is flexibly scalable and offers free 24/7 support by qualified system administrators. During operation, the capacity of all components can be adapted to current requirements thanks to Live Vertical Upscaling.
1&1 IONOS was created in 2018 from the merger of 1&1 Internet with the Berlin-based IaaS provider ProfitBricks and is part of the listed United Internet AG.
Become a part of our team and apply as:
Senior Software Developer (m/f) - Virtual networking
- Optimize, debug, and fine tune the SDN stack on our cloud platform
- Discuss and drive the design of new virtual network features in the open source community
- Submit bug fixes and enhancements to open source projects, such as the Linux Kernel and Open vSwitch
- Review code written by other engineers
- Improve the current build systems and test frameworks
- Communicate and coordinate dates, deliverables, feature requirements, roadmaps, etc.
- High proficiency in programming with C
- Experience in Linux device driver development and knowledge of Linux Kernel internals and Linux networking stack
- Proven experience in Open vSwitch
- Strong knowledge of x86 architecture, experience in Kernel debugging, ability to read x86_64 assembler
- Deep knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, TCP networking protocols
- Experience with Linux user space and system development tools and processes (git, gcc, gdb, etc.)
- Programming experience in Python
- Bonus: Experience in Linux virtualization stack (KVM, QEMU, VirtIO)
- Basic knowledge of InfiniBand
- Developed publically available source code from kernel upstream or
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs