|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 29, 2018|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
Does the combination of Java, games and data sound like the ingredients of a perfect saga?
Our popular game franchises including Candy Crush, Farm Heroes and Bubble Witch attract over 200 million active users a month. Our performance marketing platform is at the heart of that growth combining innovative technology and data science to attract new users to our games.
You´ll get to work with developers, product owners and data scientists to produce applications and services built on the latest technology and designed to optimize marketing campaigns using machine learning. We’re an exciting and growing team tasked with growing our user base!
Ready to level up?
Your role within our Kingdom
Want to know about your new team?
We are 10 engineers building real-time Java applications that process billions of rows of data each day. Our tools and systems enable King to optimize and focus marketing campaigns that are viewed by millions of players world wide.We are now delivering exciting new projects that leverage Cloud technology and machine learning capabilities.
The members of the team are from six different countries, our last quarterly off-site was in the Netherlands, and our next team outing is to a Crystal Maze event!Sounds like a blast?
Your role includes:
- Develop features: design/architect, implement and maintain business/tools features
- Consider non-functional requirements: ensure the high performance, reliability, scalability and security of our systems
- Deliver code - and supporting documentation - of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
Skills to create thrills
You have a strong passion for building backend technologies in a Java-based environment. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units and can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. And, of course, you’re keen to work in a fun and friendly environment.
Core skills include:
- Commercial experience of Gradle environment
- Testing frameworks and integration tests
- Care for code quality, and robust, easily-maintainable architectural solutions
And the basics:
- UNIX environments, bash and git
- Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
- Comfortable with TDD and pair programming/pair designing
- Ideally, full software-lifecycle development experience, from inception to releasing updates to systems in production
- Modern web client development frameworks, eg: React, AngularJS
- Experience with Docker/container environment
- DevOps experience
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun! Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we use all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We’re Seriously Playful
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing products. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative!
Ready to level up? Join our Kingdom!
You’ll find all you need to apply (and it´s super-easy!), plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English and we´re keen on getting to know you and the stuff that makes you tick!
Buzz: Software Engineer, Java developer, Principal, Architect, Programmer, Gaming, devices, Android, iOS, Scripting, Agile, Java 8+, Google Guice, Hibernate, REST, JSON RPC, Kafka, Junit 5, Mockito, Docker, MySQL, GCP BigQuery, Gradle, Jenkins, gitHub, Grafana
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs