|Date Posted||December 3, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science
We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we’re on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products.
You still think Market Research is about questionnaires aggregated with Excel?
Wrong! For our tracking business, software engineering is not only an enabler, but its DNA: Here we process and harmonize data of 15 Million products of 425.000 shopping outlets worldwide. One of the finest business intelligence engines provides customers with millions of reports and continuous online analytics.
Hundreds of Terabytes raw data per year, high-end server technology including several Superdomes servers with thousands of CPU cores to process up to 40b fact records for analytics is our daily business. And we are growing by 20-30% per year.
This is only possible with extraordinary people. And that’s why we are looking for YOU!
A passionate Software Test Automation Engineer with Java (m/f/d).
You are a passionate software engineer who cares about quality and you know what it means to develop and ship high quality code. You are a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test just about anything, and a strong advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
You will be…
- Building automated test suites
- Writing BDD tests for new product features
- Working with other test engineers to understand and adopt common tools and practices
- Testing a multitude of deliverables, including application code, binaries and deployment pipeline
- Finding and reporting software vulnerabilities
- Working on initiatives to improve test processes, tooling and standards
- Participating in code inspection and performing peer Reviews
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices with Java
- 3-4 years of experience delivering high quality test automation solutions with tools such as Selenium, etc.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City, etc.
- Experience testing web services and API
- Experience in BDD with tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, JBehave, etc.
- Knowledge of version control with GIT and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Excellent level of English language – both written and spoken
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or similar qualification
Why else GfK?
- Any advantages of a Global Player combined with an agile start-up atmosphere
- Annual budget to attend development programs and conferences
- Free language classes
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 24.12 / 31.12.)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Occupational pensions
- Group accident insurance also for private life
- Sports and health management
- Childcare during the summer holidays
- 5 days paid leave for each child sickness
- Subsidized canteen / meals and free coffee/water
- Visa sponsorship and relocation service to help anyone moving from abroad
Our doors in our newly built open-concept office space are open for everyone and we are free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives and that’s why we need YOU!
Let’s design and shape our exciting future together. Right here. Right now. Together!
Just send an email to Florian
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs