|Date Posted||December 4, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
Quality Assurance Engineer
To make smart homes, we need smart people.
At Quby, we’re outsmarting energy by putting people in charge of their homes, making lives easier, smarter and more comfortable. To do this, we are constantly creating smart home products and data driven services that empower people to change their energy usage, with Toon as our centerpiece. Do you want to make bétter smart home products and services? Do you get excited to make a product that our users will love? We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer!
This position is only open to people with an EU work permit.
FULL-TIME · AMSTERDAM
You are a QA Engineer who knows what it takes to help a Software delivery team deliver with the highest possible quality. Together with your team, you are responsible for our features from beginning to end. This includes the display, mobile app and data implementation. It is crucial to collect usage feedback as fast as possible, to validate the value of your solutions. We are looking for someone who can test, but also has a vision on future testing. Some of your responsibilities:
• You make sure that the features are tested using the relevant set-up and tools.
• You are able to develop long-term test strategies, based on current best practices and company vision.
• You are eager to transfer your knowledge to the teams. You help the teams in setting up tests in the Continuous Delivery process and adding production monitoring where this is relevant.
• Testing is not your only responsibility: you help the team with delivering high-quality products by optimizing the way they work. You make quality a part of their daily process, and you create an ongoing focus on the quality of existing products and services as well.
Who you are
Undaunted by a challenging environment. Because of your creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and fast learning abilities, you thrive in the face of challenges. You strongly believe in taking ownership. You are able to express your team’s needs and translate them to your colleagues. You can bring groups together, and align activities.
• have 2+ years experience in a comparable role at a product focused company.
• have experience in an Agile way of working, and knowledge of methodologies like BDD, ATDD, CI/CD. You can support the team in principles, like specification by example.
• really understand what is important and relevant to the end-user and can translate this to test cases.
• have a Bachelor / Master Degree in IT or similar.
• lead by example - you show the team what to automate.
• have experience with a diversity of testing techniques such as: End2end integration testing, Test Automation Implementation, Test Case Design principles, Exploratory testing, performance testing and Usability / UX testing.
What Quby offer you
Most importantly: just over a 100 very enthusiastic colleagues who love working with new technology and innovative solutions for smart energy and smart living!
- A competitive salary with great benefits.
- Yearly personal development worth 5% of your year salary.
- Flexible working hours – start the day between 8:00 and 10:00.
- A pension plan with 82% contribution by Quby.
- Travel reimbursements.
- Free fruit & great coffee and tea.
- Friday night drinks, game nights and other fun events.
- Lunch & learns.
- 25 vacation days.
- Bi-weekly chair massages.
- Collective health insurance.
Excited? Apply now! We would love to hear from you. An assignment is part of our application process. A personal assessment could be part of the process. For questions regarding your application, you can ask recruitment at [email protected]
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs