|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 10, 2018|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
Salary in the region of £27,117- £49,428 - dependent on skills and experience, plus excellent benefits
Permanent/ Open Contract
We are looking for a talented and motivated front-end developer to join COSMIC, the Catalogue Of Somatic Mutations In Cancer (https://cancer.sanger.ac.uk/cosmic), a major international resource in cancer research, based at the Wellcome Sanger Institute (https://www.sanger.ac.uk).
We are beginning a large-scale redevelopment of our infrastructure and services and we’re looking for a talented front-end developer to help design and build new web applications that will allow us to manage and visualise our complex data.
Working with the COSMIC web team and our UX lead, you will be at the heart of our development efforts in this fast-moving discipline. The tools you build will help ensure COSMIC remains a world-leading resource for scientists researching new approaches to understanding and treating cancer.
A revolution is underway in health informatics, with genetics increasingly important in understanding human health and disease. COSMIC, a database of genetic mutations in cancer, is used by over 3000 scientists every day across the informatics, diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries.
We are open to a range of flexible working options including part- or full-time employment, as well as flexible hours. This position is available at grade 2 or 3, dependent on relevant experience. This will be discussed during the interview process.
- In-depth experience/working knowledge of developing modern API-driven web applications
- Good team working and communication skills
- A passion for writing clear, concise, and well-tested code
- Interest in using CI/CD and TDD
- Experience/knowledge of working in an agile development environment
- Interest in applying UX methodologies
- Familiarity with version control software, preferably git
- Understand of building services with REST/GraphQL
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs