|Date Posted||December 17, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Software Engineering Manager
Based in Berlin
dunnhumby is looking for a talented Engineering Manager!
You will lead the development and deployment of new data storage and processing products and/or platforms that drive excellent solutions for our clients, by managing 3 small teams of Engineers.
What you'll be doing:
· Manage a team of Engineers, set challenging goals, support and motivate, lead on performance evaluations and ensure team members have individual development plans to succeed.
· Work closely with the product management to translate requirements into a development plan.
· Lead projects to improve engineering, test and operational excellence.
· Remove obstacles and issues as necessary and ensure the team has the right tools and set processes are followed.
· Lead on new solutions. Gather input, feedback and requirements from key stakeholders within Engineering and Product Management and define the platform/ component roadmap for specific projects.
· Drive the technical roadmap for teams focused on Big Data storage and aggregation architecture to fit long-term product requirements.
· Create clear standards, tools and technical guidelines in line with the department’s strategy, policies and client obligations.
· Support learning and innovation.
What you'll need:
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Maths or Engineering or equivalent
· Agile Software development Lifecycle experience
· Product & Project management skills
· Data Modelling and real-time processing expertise
· Knowledge of distributed streaming architectures
· Experience with asynchronous computing
· Proficiency in at least one system programming language such as: C++, D
· Proficiency in Code management tools (Git)
A plus if you also have:
· Experience with big data projects of great technological complexity
· Cloud infrastructure, management and hosting
· Infrastructure as code / DevOps (Kubernetes)
· .NET Core experience
· Third Party Vendor Management
Life at dunnhumby
dunnhumbians are passionate people who always start with the Customer, we are ambitious and decisive, we listen and understand, innovate and explore, and work together to grow one dunnhumby
- Here you'll be part of a culture that welcomes participation and discussion at all levels
- You’ll get to work in an internationally collaborative environment alongside teams of ambitious, inquisitive and forward-thinking individuals
- We believe that learning and development never stops and provide opportunities to feed your curiosity to understand, improve, and learn; encouraging everyone to build on the best of what we do
- You'll have the opportunity to work with ground-breaking technology delivering extraordinary impact for our customers
- We’re a great believer in work-life balance offering early finish Fridays plus an extra day off on your birthday
- dunnhumby's spirit of community and the diversity of our people's skills, backgrounds and experiences makes us stronger. We continuously seek to build an environment of inclusion, equality and respect because we know that will make us the best business we can be
Come build a rewarding career with dunnhumby and see your ideas make an impact
Discover where a career with us can take you. Meet our people on YouTube to learn about the diversity in career paths across dunnhumby. For more about our culture and to explore the benefits we offer visit our Careers site.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs