|Date Posted||December 26, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to a large scale, complex product and see real-time impact of your work on hundreds of thousands of users worldwide? Then look no further: At Clay we’re building the future of access control, and we’re looking for you! Help us win the battle against mechanical keys!
Clay’s core mission is to grant easy access for businesses anywhere around the world, in a logical and user-friendly way. As a platform company we build world-class APIs and facilitate industry leaders to integrate cloud-based access control to their businesses. Clay’s back-end developers build and expand APIs and work on an innovative smart lock API used by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world on a daily basis. Security, stability and scalability are our driving principles.
That's why we need you!
What you'll do
As a QA engineer at Clay you will do much more than just testing! You will be an important part of the development team, involved in the line of communication between the dev team and the product owner, ensuring high level product quality. Your main responsibility is ensuring the dev team develops according to functional specs, so great communicative skills are of the outmost importance for this role!
On a daily basis you’ll be validating stories, identifying risks, test actively according to the framework, and monitor the performance of the API endpoints.
Technical skills and expertise
- Experience with APIs (Testing through tools such as Postman, SoapUI, JMeter) and understanding the databases behind the API
- Knowledge of automated testing, how to build and deploy them
- Proven track record in successfully conducting and creating QA tests in highly technical organisations, with hands-on experience with functional testing
- Experience with bug tracking, test management, test execution, defect reports through Test Management tools like TestRail, qTest, QAComplete
- Pro active in implementing tests when foreseeing possible bugs and errors
- Not afraid to ventilate suggestions to improve the product following testing
- Experience with Web and Mobile Testing is applauded
How we work
Global movements are created by united teams that work hard, think smart, and move at a fast pace. As an agile team with a growth mindset, we work with structured methods. We use hundreds of post-its a week, and always look for ways to improve our products. Our flow goes something like this, slightly changing from team to team.
Working at Clay means becoming a Brick, and that means joining an international team, with 13 internationalities (!), of passionate professionals who take initiative, own responsibilities and share expertise.
At Clay we live by our core values:
- Innovation is in our veins; we strive for the best, we aim high.
- We communicate openly, transparently and thoughtfully.
- Each of us takes ownership and responsibility for our work.
- We lead with kindness and by example; we bring out the best in each other.
- When in doubt we act with courage, take intelligent risks and make wise decisions.
- With endless curiosity we keep learning and improving, while knowing to seek assistance for rapid advancement.
- We’re stronger together. As a team we’re passionate, collaborative, playful and proud.
- To achieve the greatest we keep it simple, take small steps and always work smart.
We expect everyone on our team to bring
- Team spirit; enjoying working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- A keen eye for detail; working at a fast-pace environment, managing and prioritizing goals
- A high bar for excellence and pride in work
- Eagerness to learn and investigate possibilities and applying insights from past experience
- Self-discipline, professional attitude and collaborative spirit
- Individuality and willingness to share ideas and new perspectives
Wondering what it’s like to work at Clay?
Clay is a tight-knit team of technology lovers and innovative thinkers. Our team is working on some of the most challenging problems in the access control industry.
To read some of the benefits Clay offers us check out our Careers page. But to give you some more insight into life at Clay here it goes; it’s great to have the ability to make an impact from day one, share ideas and shape the road map together. We work from our awesome office in the heart of Amsterdam, collaborate closely with Salto Systems in Spain, and serve our customers globally.
At Clay we are encouraged to build ourselves along with our fast-growing company. This can be in the form of trainings, coaching, conferences and more. We grow together! We know best is yet to come. We support each other’s curiosity; we have tech talks, hackathons and open-invite dinners to talk about our company’s road map. Everyone on this team has a voice and we’re encouraged to not only participate and speak up, but also to lead and drive.
Beware; we work hard, play hard. Don’t underestimate either of those! We are honest, love a good joke, and don’t take things personally. And as a tight-knit team, together we form the solid house that is Clay.
Clay is a wireless, cloud-based smart lock technology company founded in 2012 and based in Amsterdam. We are a close team of 25 made up of developers, technology lovers, and innovative thinkers and locking technology is our business. We offer the only wireless smart lock platform that allows other companies to create and offer their own smart lock solutions.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs