|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||December 28, 2018|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
We are looking for talented and energetic software engineers to help design and implement the new generation of our provisioning, inventory, compute, scheduling, and software distribution platforms that are integral to large parts of our cloud and technology infrastructure, used by thousands of users across our Engineering organization. The role will allow you to gain an understanding of hybrid cloud technologies and concepts as well as understanding the firm’s technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and work with extremely bright and motivated individuals, who focus on object oriented / functional development, algorithms, distributed systems, and strive for continuous process improvement.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
How you will fulfil your potential
- Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient, and firmwide cloud compute provisioning system.
- Collaborate with Platform consumers and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
- Provide technical guidance and support to clients of the cloud platform system, gather their requirements, and assess technical feasibility of their requests. Clients’ background range from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers.
- Partner with other engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied and leveraged as part of our solutions.
- Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
- Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools to help you develop your career.
- You will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
- We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
Who We Look For
- Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Skills and experience we are looking for
- Hands-on developer (experience with at least one of Java/Go/Python/Scala)
- Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems.
- Energetic, self-motivated, can independently manage multiple tasks and stakeholders
- Moderate SQL experience on an enterprise RDBMS database – such as DB2 (preferred), Sybase, Oracle, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design principles and testing best practices
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Commercially focused; understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
- Bachelor’s or a higher education degree in Computer Science
- Some experience with Cloud platforms (such as Amazon’s AWS or Google’s GCE) is a plus
- Some experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch or Mongo is a plus
- Experience with web servers such as Apache (preferred), Netty and/or Grizzly
- Experience or at least some familiarity with building RESTful web services
- Experience or at least familiarity to operate in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs