|Date Posted||December 28, 2018|
Australia - 457 Visa Jobs
Digital Ventures. Welcome.
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group, we invent, launch, scale, and invest in game changing startups with the world's most influential companies. We know that we have the greatest impact when people with different perspectives from different backgrounds work together inclusively and with relentless dedication to the customer. BCGDV brings together multidisciplined teams to create extraordinary ventures that have a profound impact on the way the world thinks, works, interacts and behaves every day. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Engineering Team.
Our Engineers design, develop and maintain the technology which is at the core of our ventures, solving challenging problems with radically simple solutions that disrupt markets, generate value and positively impact millions of lives. Working in multidisciplinary teams of Product, Business, and Design professionals, Engineers at BCGDV build products from scratch and create testable software which delivers maximum value for our ventures. You are given the opportunity to learn technologies which are outside of your core specialism due to shifting projects and the opportunity to rotate from one venture to the next.
An Engineering Lead performs the role of CTO on one of our ventures. You are responsible for the technical direction and delivery of the products and businesses we build. You will ensure the team is focussed on doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way. We believe in and practice servant leadership here, so your prime goal is to bring the best out of the other talented technologists on your venture team, not to do it all yourself.
What you'll get to do:
- Design, architect and grow innovative, groundbreaking products and business that address real customer frictions
- Build, support and mentor effective teams
- Write code alongside your development team
- Champion a focus on software qualities such as testability, security, scalability, operability etc.
- Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- Exposure to one or more scripting and object-oriented languages such as Java, Golang and Python
- Understanding and experience working with relational and noSQL databasesExposure to common programming frameworks such as Spring and Play
- Understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful apis, working with different message formats i.e. JSON, XML
- Some experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure as well as the managed services on those platforms, i.e. Aurora, Beanstalk, Lambda, BigQuery etc.
What you will bring:
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software
- Experience with architectural design whilst leading and inspiring software development teams
- Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Experience in communicating technical vision to a variety of team members
- An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Australia - 457 Visa Jobs