|Date Posted||January 1, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to a large scale, complex product and see real-time impact of your work on hundreds of thousands of users worldwide? This is your chance to make a big impact on the design, architecture and implementation of our cutting edge access control solution. Help us win the battle against mechanical keys by building the future of access control!
As an Embedded Engineer at Clay you’ll be one of two people specialized in embedded Linux within the close-knit Clay development team consisting of 15 Bricks. Use your authentic skillset and experience to help build new features and create new hardware solutions based on the ongoing customer needs and market trends. Your contributions will have immediate, visible impact on the success of the product.
Clay’s core mission is to grant easy access for businesses anywhere around the world, in a logical and user-friendly way. As a platform company we build world-class APIs and facilitate industry leaders to integrate cloud-based access control to their businesses. The innovative and smart lock API’s, that are build and expanded by Clay’s developers are used by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world on a daily basis. Security, stability and scalability are our driving principles.
That is why we need you!
We are in need of an experienced embedded engineer that can adapt quickly. By the end of your first year at Clay we expect you to flawlessly foresee the customers demand in this ongoing changing market and increase product appeal. You’ll be co-responsible for the heart of our product and strongly believe design and implementation of the embedded software is the basis of an optimal user experience. You are passionate about embedded software development and excited to hop on this train that’s heading to the next IoT revolution fast!
Join our talented development team and be a big part of the amazing things we are achieving at Clay!
What you'll do
The IQ is the hub that connects smart locks to the Cloud. You will work towards improving and maintaining the embedded software processes linked to the production of the IQ’s, which takes place in the factory of Clay’s mother company SALTO Systems in Spain. We have proudly conceived, designed and developed this uniquely designed, cutting edge product. You will work together with an exceptional group of international people that accelerate when working as a team.
Technical skills and expertise
- Ability to develop, enhance and maintain embedded software, by being responsible for the application development in C++ on an Embedded Linux platform
- Interact with various hardware and software vendors on complex system integration tasks to achieve efficient, cost-effective and exquisite product solutions
- Co-create the optimal embedded software by analyzing what works and what doesn’t
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++ and knowledge of Dependency Injection
- Knowledge of protocols such as ZigBee, BLE, Ethernet/WiFi, UART, M2M and build tools such as Buildroot, Makefile and/or Cmake, Code analysis and/or SonarQube, Build automation, Jenkins
- Ability and experience with the testing function, specifically related to Unit testing (Mock frameworks and/or mocking, Google test and/or Google mock), functional testing and integration testing
- You have an impeccable technical expertise and are deeply passionate about embedded development
- You are a proactive individual with an analytical mindset that thinks of ways how to improve on a daily basis
- You thrive and enjoy collaborating with a team of multicultural experts
- You hold an university level degree and between 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
How we work
Global movements are created by united teams that work hard, think smart, and move at a fast pace. As an agile team with a growth mindset, we work with structured methods. We use hundreds of post-its a week, and always look for ways to improve our products. Our flow goes something like this, slightly changing from team to team.
Working at Clay means becoming a Brick, and that means joining an international team, with 13 internationalities (!), of passionate professionals who take initiative, own responsibilities and share expertise.
At Clay we live by our core values:
- Innovation is in our veins; we strive for the best, we aim high.
- We communicate openly, transparently and thoughtfully.
- Each of us takes ownership and responsibility for our work.
- We lead with kindness and by example; we bring out the best in each other.
- When in doubt we act with courage, take intelligent risks and make wise decisions.
- With endless curiosity we keep learning and improving, while knowing to seek assistance for rapid advancement.
- We’re stronger together. As a team we’re passionate, collaborative, playful and proud.
- To achieve the greatest we keep it simple, take small steps and always work smart.
We expect everyone on our team to bring
- Team spirit; enjoying working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- A keen eye for detail; working at a fast-pace environment, managing and prioritizing goals
- A high bar for excellence and pride in work
- Eagerness to learn and investigate possibilities and applying insights from past experience
- Self-discipline, professional attitude and collaborative spirit
- Individuality and willingness to share ideas and new perspectives
Wondering what it’s like to work at Clay?
Clay is a tight-knit team of technology lovers and innovative thinkers. Our team is working on some of the most challenging problems in the access control industry.
To read some of the benefits Clay offers us check out our Careers page. But to give you some more insight into life at Clay here it goes; it’s great to have the ability to make an impact from day one, share ideas and shape the road map together. We work from our awesome office in the heart of Amsterdam, collaborate closely with Salto Systems in Spain, and serve our customers globally.
At Clay we are encouraged to build ourselves along with our fast-growing company. This can be in the form of trainings, coaching, conferences and more. We grow together! We know best is yet to come. We support each other’s curiosity; we have tech talks, hackathons and open-invite dinners to talk about our company’s road map. Everyone on this team has a voice and we’re encouraged to not only participate and speak up, but also to lead and drive.
Beware; we work hard, play hard. Don’t underestimate either of those! We are honest, love a good joke, and don’t take things personally. And as a tight-knit team, together we form the solid house that is Clay.
Clay is a wireless, cloud-based smart lock technology company founded in 2012 and based in Amsterdam. We are a close team of 25 made up of developers, technology lovers, and innovative thinkers and locking technology is our business. We offer the only wireless smart lock platform that allows other companies to create and offer their own smart lock solutions.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs