|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Thrive Global is changing the way people live through our behavior change platform and apps used to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. As the Lead of the Data Engineering and Data Science team, you will play a significant role in building Thrive’s platform and products.
Who We Are Looking For
- A versatile engineering leader with the ability and desire to be both hands-on and lead a team.
- Is excited about collaborating with others, engineering and non-engineering, both learning & teaching as Thrive grows.
- A willingness to take on a broad set of responsibilities from working with the product and engineering team to define architecture and infrastructure to supporting our data engineering efforts, building out data pipelines, building and testing models, putting those models into production and refining them as needed. To do this you will need to hire and grow a small team of technologists that complement your skillset and that of the existing team.
- Is comfortable in a high growth, start-up environment and is willing to wear many hats and come up with creative solutions.
How You’ll Contribute
- Build a small but skilled team that will leverage data to provide recommendations and nudges to users that encourage them to master positive behavior change.
- Work with the team to design and build out production grade data processing tools and infrastructure.
- Work with the team to define hypotheses, conduct experiments, construct prototypes and build and train models to support the use cases required by our behavior change products.
- Work with the team to put models into production.
- Consider user privacy and security at all times.
- 2+ years experience leading a data engineering, data science, or machine learning team.
- 5+ years of industry experience with data engineering, data science or machine learning.
- Extensive programming experience in Java or Python.
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, TensorFlow, or other cloud frameworks.
- Familiar with various machine learning techniques and libraries.
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A plus to have working knowledge of Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, YARN), real-time and batch processing.
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.
What We Offer
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs