|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Based in Berlin, Delivery Hero is the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace. We promote delivery service in the digital age, helping our customers find their favorite foods easily and conveniently from home, from work, or on the road. Through our website or via our app, we provide an overview of all the restaurants and delivery services.
Delivery Tech has played a huge role in the phenomenal growth of the global food delivery platform Delivery Hero (www.deliveryhero.com).
We are responsible for building an incredible range of tools and tech solutions which span the full customer journey, starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at the front door.
We are focused on a culture of growth. Operating in more than more than 40 countries, we’re a truly global team, responsible for processing hundreds of millions of orders around the world annually.
- Design, implement, integrate and maintain new backend services and APIs.
- Scale and improve existing backend services.
- Grow and expand your expertise in Delivery Hero's technology stack.
Your heroic skills:
- We use Python and PostgreSQL for Backend.
- You like to clearly document what you are doing by using Git.
- You have experience building and integrating RESTful APIs.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience of Python web development in a professional working environment, ideally on an enterprise level application.
- You have experience with larger platforms that scale.
- You communicate well in English.
- RESTful API development.
- Experience with PostGIS or comparable geo-spatial tools
- Operations: Your responsibility is not limited to the development process, but you will deploy your developed features to the servers, too. It would be great if you have used Travis before, you are familiar with UNIX based operating systems and you have experience in the administration and maintenance of those systems
- Agile, Scrum, test driven development, unit testing.
- Mentoring experience.
We offer you:
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs