|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
At Asurion, we don’t just redefine—we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn’t confined by hierarchy. As a result we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It’s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
The Software Engineer 4 is a functional expert and technical thought leader in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 4 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. The Software Engineer 4 is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting the Manager and/or Sr. Manager by facilitating assigned activities including the coordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
- Essential Functions:
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- Assists the leaders with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Partners with business teams, development, and IT support to drive creation of processes and procedures
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to leadership
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience required
- Experience being a technical leader preferred
- Specific knowledge/experience in most of the following preferred:
- Application Architecture
- Java, ReactJS, HTML, XML, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL, and DBMS (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
- Reactive Programming
- Single Page Web Application experience
- Multithreaded Web Application experience
- Creation of Physical and Logical design documents
- Developing applications servicing large transactional system utilizing SQL Server and/or other equivalent large scal DBMS (e.g. Oracle)
- Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, provide scalability and two-node implementation
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs