|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
If you're inspired by innovation, hard work and a passion for data, this may be the ideal opportunity to leverage your background in Big Data and Software Engineering, Data Engineering or Data Analytics experience to design, develop and innovate big data solutions for a diverse set of global and enterprise clients.
At phData, our proven success has skyrocketed the demand for our services, resulting in quality growth at our company headquarters conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis and expanding throughout the US. Notably we've also been voted Best Company to Work For in Minneapolis for the last 2 years.
As the world’s largest pure-play Big Data services firm, our team includes Apache committers, Spark experts and the most knowledgeable Scala development team in the industry. phData has earned the trust of customers by demonstrating our mastery of Hadoop services and our commitment to excellence.
In addition to a phenomenal growth and learning opportunity, we offer competitive compensation and excellent perks including base salary, annual bonus, extensive training, paid Cloudera certifications - in addition to generous PTO and employee equity.
As a Solution Architect on our Big Data Consulting Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, and innovative Hadoop solutions; partner with our internal Infrastructure Architects and Data Engineers to build creative solutions to tough big data problems.
- Determine the technical project road map, select the best tools, assign tasks and priorities, and assume general project management oversight for performance, data integration, ecosystem integration, and security of big data solutions. Mentor and coach Developers and Data Engineers. Provide guidance with project creation, application structure, automation, code style, testing, and code reviews
- Work across a broad range of technologies – from infrastructure to applications – to ensure the ideal Hadoop solution is implemented and optimized
- Integrate data from a variety of data sources (data warehouse, data marts) utilizing on-prem or cloud-based data structures (AWS); determine new and existing data sources
Design and implement streaming, data lake, and analytics big data solutions
Create and direct testing strategies including unit, integration, and full end-to-end tests of data pipelines
Select the right storage solution for a project - comparing Kudu, HBase, HDFS, and relational databases based on their strengths
Utilize ETL processes to build data repositories; integrate data into Hadoop data lake using Sqoop (batch ingest), Kafka (streaming), Spark, Hive or Impala (transformation)
Partner with our Managed Services team to design and install on prem or cloud based infrastructure including networking, virtual machines, containers, and software
Determine and select best tools to ensure optimized data performance; perform Data Analysis utilizing Spark, Hive, and Impala
Technical Leadership Qualifications
5+ years previous experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer or Data Analytics
Expertise in core Hadoop technologies including HDFS, Hive and YARN.
Deep experience in one or more ecosystem products/languages such as HBase, Spark, Impala, Solr, Kudu, etc
Expert programming experience in Java, Scala, or other statically typed programming language
Ability to learn new technologies in a quickly changing field
Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize distributed SQL queries
Excellent communication skills including proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers
Ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a Hadoop solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access and consumption, as well as custom analytics
Experience scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects
Customer relationship management including project escalations, and participating in executive steering meetings
- Coaching and mentoring data or software engineers
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs