|Date Posted||January 30, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Retail Operations – Team Preorder & Merchandise Optimisation
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Andreea Lungulescu at [email protected]
As a Data Engineer in the Retail Operations Data Products team, you'll work with Data Scientists, Backend and Research Engineers to build data-driven products that help Zalando place the right orders for the right articles. Having successfully launched our Sizing Distribution product (a prediction / recommendation system) we are venturing into developing and building new and impactful products to support our colleagues into making smart decisions when spending a budget of approximately 2-3bn. EUR per year (buying process).
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, development, deployment and operation of end-to-end data pipelines that include machine learning models
- Integration of a variety of data sources of varying quality and accessibility, including automation of data cleaning and quality assurance in ETL jobs
- Automation of the machine learning experimentation and deployment lifecycle
- Automation of KPI measurements visualized in dashboards
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience in Python scripting and application development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, cloud system design and architecture, including AWS and components such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience of devops, automation and CI/CD using tools such as Jenkins, Go-CD, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in setting up ETL jobs and monitoring dashboards
- Experience in deployment of data and machine learning pipelines to production using workflows such as Airflow
- Great communication skills and an interest in understanding and relating to the business needs
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from zalando.de, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, please visit us here: https://tinyurl.com/y8h4wxfl
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs