|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||February 4, 2019|
UAE Abu Dhabi - Work Employment Visa Jobs
At Knowledge E, we are building Zendy (see https://zendy.io) as a next generation discovery service and community platform for researchers, students and other academics. Zendy has been created with the aim to radically facilitate access to academic literature.
We are now looking for a tech pioneer with a passion for making the lives of researchers and other academics easier and with proven team leadership skills.
You’ll be working as a lead for our development team, including a service designer, backend and frontend developers and a QA engineer. The responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of currently 8 software engineers in the continuous development of Zendy.
- Coach and support the team-members to grow in a well-rounded manner (technical and nontechnical).
- Work closely with the management team in order to make sure that the development is aligned with the market needs and the overall company goals and plans.
- Contributing to architectural design and hands-on development of core, foundational technology and services.
- Define and follow-up on performance metrics for the product and process with the team to continuously improve the development process and ensure high code quality, high velocity and that the product solves real customer problems.
- Ability to plan and budget expansion based on market requirements.
- Support the recruitment process as we expand the team in the future.
- Ensure technical incidents are investigated, resolved, and learnt from in order to continuously improve the services and internal working practices.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience of product management and successfully leading the development of a software product, including team management and engagement to ensure alignment with the company's management team.
- Experience of driving a creative and productive work environment and contributing to an energized business culture. Experience of working in a technology start-up company and/or for products in the research domain is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of latest technologies and the ability to adapt based on product requirements.
- Strong communication skills with ability to identify and articulate complex business and technical challenges and ensure alignment of all internal stakeholders around the path forward.
- Excellent English oral and written language skills are mandatory. Further language skills are a plus.
Core Technology Stack
- Backend - NodeJS
- Frontend - ReactJS / Redux
- Data handling - Clojure
- Database - Postgres, MongoDB + Metabase + ElasticSearch, Datomic
- AWS Cloud services
- CI & CD – Jenkins
- DevOps – Kubernetes
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) UAE Abu Dhabi - Work Employment Visa Jobs