|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 5, 2019|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
Full Stack Developer - Product Security
We’re looking for a full-time Full Stack Developer to join one of our growing teams in London. The roles are a unique opportunity to join one of Europe’s fastest growing companies and help us take TransferWise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers.
For our customers, using TransferWise is as simple as sending money from A to B. Yet behind our app and website is a complex engine of currencies and routes, that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still heaps to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
You’ll receive a competitive package, generous stock options, private healthcare, flexible working and a range of other benefits.
- Work with our security team to keep our customer’s information and money safe through new features and capabilities that will be used globally
- Help us to further improve our authentication and authorisation flows.
- Work with us on functionalities such as, but not limited to: Biometric Authentication, Push authentication, Attack prevention, Security Notifications, Device Management and Account Recovery.
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about technology, product and user security - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You have experience developing in a modern front-end framework, Angular.js and React are preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember or Knockout is also relevant
- You’ll have worked with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- You have experience to be the go-to person for application security related issues.
- You have understanding of application security vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10, and can educate other developers how to prevent security issues.
- You understand test driven development (TDD) and want to write tests
- You have an understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- You have experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You are confident working independently and can plan your own solutions to problems
A bit about our tech:
On the back end, you will be working on a distributed architecture which is based on Java microservices, using Envoy, Netflix OSS tools and other distributed technologies like Kafka, Zookeeper, Spring Cloud, AWS and Kubernetes. While on the front end we are writing microapps using React and AngularJS. You can find more details about our tech stack here: http://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/
For a sneak - peek into our Engineering world check:
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs