|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
What you need to know about the department:
This position is located at the department of biostatistics. You work in a highly qualified team within R&D of Roche Diagnostics. The team consists of 7 people and in the department you find 30 colleagues, who are statisiticians, physicists, bioinformaticians and epidimiologists for example. The project you would work on is focused on the development and maintenance of an R/shiny-based platform providing statistical solutions to internal and external customers aiming at evaluating the technical and clinical performance of in-vitro diagnostic assay. Each Roche employee is a potential customer of our intranet-application, although, it is focused on R&D test-development and clinical operations. Methods and solutions will be optimized to these customers’ needs with regard to usability and quality. Also see www.Code4life.com.
What will be your daily tasks:
- You will maintain, further develop, and optimize the R/shiny based intranet-platform
- You will specify algorithms and software solutions for frequent use cases and build first prototypes
- You will design solutions for a wide range of algorithms and data science applications, including the design of graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- You will develop a library of test cases to proof the correctness of a module and apply them in an automated fashion
- You will give trainings on how to apply your software and interpret the results
- You will analyze existing processes and model them mathematically, using simulations and optimizations in order to improve them
- You will continuously improve your expertise by attending workshops, congresses etc.
Who you are, when you have fun to work in a high motivated team:
- You hold a degree, ideally a doctorate or equivalent experience, in mathematics, statistics, (bio)informatics or comparable
- You are an expert in R/shiny, Python Flask or similar framework programming
- You have much experience with web-technologies (HTML/CSS/jQuery), XML, Linux- and web-server configuration
- You are familiar with standard methods of software development, like version control and change-management
- You have strong knowledge of biostatistics, applied mathematics and numerics
- You may have already applied biometrical and statistical methods in the industry
- Basic knowledge in biochemistry and medical terminology is an advantage
- You have proficient language skills, both in German and English (in written and spoken form)
- You enjoy working in (interdisciplinary) teams
The position is subject to a time limit due to projects for a maximum of 3 years.
Get in touch
- Seifert +498856/607724
- For questions, you can use our FAQ
- If the FAQ does not answer your questions, please contact our AskHR team
+49 621 759 74999 (external) / 3372 (internal) for technical questions.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter K. Seifert
For a complete application please add an updated CV, all relevant certificates and job references. Please consider that after submission you won’t be able to add any further documents.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs