|Date Posted||February 6, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
- Rich Text Editor, tor__fextListingLayout, Press ALT 0 for help
1. Summary of the Role
The Amadeus Hotel Platform is a SOA solution delivering a fully centralized reservation system for large hotel chains. New customer needs will require evolution of the platform.
Your role, as a Software Development Engineer, will be to participate to the definition of the architecture, develop and ultimately deliver the Hotel CRS Admin Portal, a web application part of the Amadeus Hotel Platform portfolio. This application enables corporate and hotel users to efficiently configure and manage the central reservation system through a user-friendly interface, built around advanced design patterns, and integrated with a wide range of internal and third party web services.
Working in Agile, you will be part of a team of Technical Business Analysts and Full-stack developers to build this critical web application using state of the art technologies (Java/Spring/OJF & AngularJS/Angular), ensuring high quality and performance.
- Main Responsibilities
- Interact with Technical Business Analysts, and participate to the refinement of the functional scope of the Hotel Admin Portal. Assist them in the study of the application’s interaction with the Amadeus Hotel Platform SOA solution and third party providers.
- Design and develop technical solutions which follow software engineering practices to ensure product quality meeting or exceeding software engineering standards and non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, scalability, usability, performance). Collaborate with the QA organization to guarantee appropriate test coverage.
- Ensure that Software delivery dates are met.
- Interact with project stakeholders (Customer, Product Management, Senior Management, Team leads, experts) in all locations. Provide regular updates to Management/Team Lead through KPIs and reports
- Actively participate to the SCRUM organization and its associated practices
- Participate to the maintenance of the Hotel Admin Portal application (both legacy and new generation applications)
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
Relevant work experience
5+ years of relevant experience
Hospitality, shopping and booking flows, Amadeus Hotel Platform
Computing: Technical experience in software development, software engineering and/or computer science fields.
- JAVA & Spring (Spring Core, Spring MVC/JAX-RS)
- NoSQL DBs (Couchbase)
- AngularJS/Angular/Typescript and related (Gulp/Bower/angular-cli/Webpack)
- Web services integration
- XML, REST/JSON and SOA patterns
- Strong capacity for logical thinking and the ability to understand complex applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, identify, resolve project issues quickly and effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with a top-notch development team with a solid track record of innovation, quality, and timely deliverables
- Thrives in a professional, team-empowered environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team management
- Organization & time management
- Risks assessment & decision making
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes
NICE TO HAVE
- Less/Sass & cross-browser CSS experience
- Managing, deploying and monitoring web apps via PaaS
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Scrum backlog management tools (Jira, Rally)
- Scrum & Kanban methodologies (Scrum Master / Product owner experience is a plus)"
--> SuccessFactors: Job Requisition: Sr. Software Engineer, Hotel IT Admin Portal
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorization.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs