|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Your impact at SumUp
As part of our vision to become a truly global tech company, we are building out local, autonomous, cross-functional teams that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution. As Senior Erlang/Elixir Engineer, you will be part of our Hardware team, working on core Payments system for our state of the art payment terminals. In Hardware our goal is to envision and beautifully design our products, making sure they are prepared for payment and security specifications. We are passionate about our product and the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small merchants!
Your role and responsibilities
- Maintain and extend the core payments system, responsible for transaction processing and written in Erlang.
- Design, implement, and iteratively improve new backend services in Elixir.
- Be a technical leader within your team.
- Participate in API design and implementation for both internal APIs and those exposed to our third-party integrators.
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive documentation and testing for your features before shipping them.
- Collaborate with other software, QA and sysops engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and support for quality software.
- Coach and mentor other engineers to increase their abilities and productivity.
- Actively provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation.
Does it describe you?
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- You have experience with Erlang/Elixir and it’s surrounding ecosystem
- You've worked with with Git
- You have experience with SQL (PostgreSQL)
- You have experience with Docker and worked with Kubernetes
- You are experienced within Linux/Unix environment (comfortable working with a CLI)
- You have solid debugging, optimisation and problem-solving skills
- You are self-motivated, proactive and engaged attitude towards projects
A strong candidate will also have:
- You have B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Good working knowledge of message brokers
- Experience with distributed and fault tolerant systems
- Contribution to open source projects or personal projects is desirable
- Experience working in an international, distributed team
- Be part of one of world’s most exciting startups, on a mission to take over the world
- We have a close, welcoming and international community of 1200 people from over 50 nationalities. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Weekly Lunch and Learn session, where the local engineering team exchanges ideas over company-sponsored lunch
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- Football & Running teams
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Free German classes & Yoga classes
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
We're looking forward to meeting our next teammate! You can also choose whether to include a CV, a link to your Xing/LinkedIn, a link to your github, tech blog, or portfolio – whatever you think will give us the complete picture!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs