|Date Posted||February 8, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
We are searching for a Regular Server Programmer to work on online-game backend technology in Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Regular Server Programmer will develop and enhance online-backend systems used across Crytek games. Ideal candidate has experience with online-services from perspective of real-time/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters, network traffic analysis etc. The position involves working with cross-disciplinary groups, including interaction with game design and programming teams.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Develop and support of reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Act as mentor.
- Create accurate task duration estimate and completes all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Use good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Defined prior to the commencement of these duties. Safeguard the company's assets including source code, art work, tools, and technical know-how.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Create documentation where required.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional work experience as Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Strong programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Understanding of multithreading concepts.
- Understanding of network programming concepts.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP or other concurrent programming model. // - e.g.: C# tasks, go routines, Erlang.
- Programming & trouble-shooting experience in Linux-like environments.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs