|Date Posted||February 8, 2019|
Austria - Red-White-Red Card Jobs
We seek a motivated Application Developer to take a role in the management of a small team working with developers and scientists to produce high quality web and mobile applications.
The Earth Observation and Citizen Science Research Group (EOCS) has built and deployed tools and platforms to use citizen science, crowdsourcing and expert knowledge in order to improve in-situ data and the overall information base of land cover and land use globally via product integration and geospatial approaches. One of the tools is the geo-wiki.org platform for visualizing and collecting land-use information. This and other citizen science and crowdsourcing tools need new graphical designs and front end development.
Applicants must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a full understanding and interest in web, desktop, mobile design and development.
The incumbent will also have a role in the management of a small development team to produce high quality web and mobile applications to agreed time scales implementing an AGILE methodology and should therefore have a good overview of the latest web and mobile technologies in order to make recommendations for current and future software projects.
The job holder will work with developers and scientists and must have a positive and professional work ethic.
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar or five plus years of application development experience.
Skills and Requirements:
Technologies mentioned below are used in our projects and groups
- Efficient use of relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis) and experienced in using ORM frameworks
- Unit and integration testing
- Experience with RESTful web services and designing and consuming APIs
- Familiarity with Web optimization and bundlers – gulp, grunt, webpack
- Understanding of other technologies and concepts desirable - Microservices, SignalR, WebSockets
- CI/CD experience – TFS, Azure, Octopus and Docker
- Proficiency in debugging and proven individual problem solving skills
- Experience with the use of AGILE methodology for development
- Experience in the coordination of IT staff.
Optional Skills (preferred):
- Node.js, PHP Skills
- GIS Skills (python scripting, ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Open-source geospatial tools GDAL/OGR, GeoServer, OpenGeo Suite
- Mobile app development - Android, iOS, Xamarin
- Big Data Processing, Machine Learning.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Austria - Red-White-Red Card Jobs