|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2019|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
The Platform Team at Tessian
We're looking for a experienced Platform engineers (or Linux Systems Administrators interested in making the leap) to with us on our predominantly Cloud deployments. You should be experienced with (and excited by!) ideas like infrastructure as code and "cattle not pets", and be prepared to design, develop and support the various offerings of our system.
Because of the sensitive nature of our work flexibility is a must. We deploy to AWS today, but may want to extend to other cloud offerings in the future. Conventional system and network skills are key, but we are also using Docker to manage our application code, so this role gives a chance to build on, or learn fresh, modern software deployment techniques, and we variously use Linux based Docker containers and a Go based installer.
You'll be investigating and proposing microservices architectures and coming up with new ways to deploy and scale Tessian's platform. You’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment. This role may involve, at times, client side visits. Some of the technologies we’re working with include Node.js, Go, C#, Python, Postgres, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Spark, and our current cloud stack revolves around AWS, Docker (on ECS), Ansible and Terraform.Job profiles.
WE'D LOVE TO MEET SOMEONE WHO:
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work;
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems;
- Has a deep understanding of Linux operating system and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills;
- Has experience with containerization (Docker) and ideally some experience with container orchestration (e.g. Nomad);
- Has experience with automation and configuration management tools (like Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet);
- Understands server security concepts and implementations;
- Has experience managing production applications in the cloud (AWS preferable);
- Has created and worked with microservice infrastructures;
- Ideally has some experience deploying solutions to enterprise clients.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues using cutting-edge technology;
- We offer a competitive salary which will depend on your specific experience, with annual benefit and salary reviews;
- Equity options are offered with every role;
- Everyone gets 25 days of annual leave;
- Company contributions are made towards your pension;
- You’ll get to choose your own kit: laptop & OS;
- Flexible morning-start times on the Engineering team;
- We have a communal Company lunch twice a month, and regular team socials and activities;
- There are plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, and cereals, and amazing Ozone coffee;
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eyecare vouchers and childcare vouchers;
- Weekly Yoga or mindfulness sessions in the office; and
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance including flights, accommodation in an AirBnB for a week to help you make the move, and salary payments to an international bank. Over 25% of the Company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move!
- We're also able to sponsor fully-paid Tier 2 visas
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs