|Date Posted||February 11, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
IT Ops Engineer Cyberfraud Prevention | ING
Ops/ElasticSearch Engineer Cyber Fraud Prevention
ING is looking for a (senior level) IT Ops Engineer within Global Digital Channels domain of Wholesale Banking. If you want to work at a place where you are in charge of the correct operation of systems impacting tens of thousands of our commercial banking customers, where investing in the automation of provisioning and monitoring never stops, please read on.
As a Senior Ops Engineer you look after the availability, reliability of Cyber fraud prevention systems, which are being used for all the Wholesale Banking customers. The impact of what you are responsible for is huge. The field evolves fast and staying up-to-date and exercising technical leadership to help the organization stay at the forefront is of paramount importance. You will focus on strengthening the monitoring and automated delivery of our software to meet the challenges posed.
- Monitoring and supporting the production environment and several other environments.
- Provide the evidence to cover the required risk controls.
- Automating the installation and integration of different components
- Capacity management of file systems and databases used
- Owning backup/restore and disaster recovery processes
Streamlining our development process from code check-ins all the way to deployment into production in collaboration with Dev colleagues and evolve our approach for monitoring and alerting towards preventive monitoring.
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Global Digital Channels. We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Desired skills & experience
- IT (Master/Bachelor) degree
- Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment.
- Good knowledge (or at least keen interest to gain it) of some of the following areas: payments, cash management and financial markets is vital for this position
- Excellent knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (Python, Bash, PowerShell).
- Experience with the Elastic stack.
- Good knowledge of enterprise level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls)
- Excellent knowledge of OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems, e.g. RHEL, CentOS etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using modern OSS tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, Ansible.
- Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring experience
- Able to work under pressure, no 9-5 mentality, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- CISSP certificate and well-known OSS tools in this area (such as Ganglia, Nagios, Graphite, Zabbix) is a big nice-to-have.
- Problem solving, creativity, cooperation, disciplined and result oriented are skills in your DNA.
Are you keen to know more or apply?
For further inquiries, please contact Stanley Waccary at [email protected] We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs