|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 11, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
Catawiki’s purpose is to enable people to discover and obtain special objects that help them fulfil their passions. In doing so, we add some color & make the world a more interesting place!
Our Engineering story
As the biggest online auction platform for special objects in Europe, Catawiki operates in a huge market which brings a lot of unique challenges and opportunities. Having more than 15 million monthly visitors, Catawiki’s Engineering team takes the stability and the scalability of our systems and applications seriously.
We strive to build scalable systems that will perform well under load, by deciding what algorithms and data structures our programs use, by always estimating and benchmarking our system’s performance, and by choosing the right technologies. Our Engineering team is spread over many Product teams (think Search, Localisation, Bidding etc) and we use a microservice architecture that has shared ownership from our entire Engineering team.
So what's the job
The impact that you will have, as one of our first Engineering Managers, is massive; You will play an integral part in structuring processes, building on our high-performance culture, and shaping how engineering happens at Catawiki. The 3 most important aspects of your job will be:
Strategy & Planning:
- Aligning closely with the product head for product & technical goals within your domain.
- Linking tech efforts to business goals; You know how to shape, mold and develop the engineering team to ensure they are moving in the same direction as the business.
- Communication across teams; You are the first point of technical contact for their topic.
- You will lead a team and plan their capacity as they work on challenges around scale, improving our microservice architecture and implementing new features.
Team Building & Management :
- You play a leading role in appraisals, reviews, coaching and mentoring, ensuring the team feels engaged and valued.
- You think actively about both the professional development of the existing team and the best way to attract and retain the best new talent.
How we roll - Our Stack
You'll move in sync with...
As Engineering Manager of one of our product verticals, you will manage 20+ engineers across two or three technology teams. working with them and the Product Lead to craft the roadmap, align it with business goals, and deliver it.
A little about you
- You have relevant experience in a variety of contexts, during which you have built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems adding tangible value to the business and its users.
- A proven leader who has scaled up and managed within a consumer-facing Online business, playing a key role in aligning the technology strategy with the business objectives. Ideally, you have a background in e-commerce, Logistics, or Delivery (or a business with a physical component) but this is not a prerequisite.
- Experienced in developing a clear vision and direction for your team. You’ll be well versed in planning the career path of team members, ensuring engineers are engaged and inspired.
- A Role model for Engineers at Catawiki. Perhaps you speak at conferences, events or meetups about best practices in engineering and team building.
- You think in terms of the value added to the business and users and know the trade-offs to make between product and tech.
The Catawiki Story
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500+ Catawikians working across international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
Here’s what we can offer you
A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities, located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere. The Catawiki Community gathers everyone together for everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
And there’s more! We also provide paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs