|Date Posted||March 12, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Team Lead - Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership for a key Restaurant engineering team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy new and innovative products and services for the Grubhub Catalog to facilitate the wide offerings, capabilities, and feedback loops for our restaurant partners. Our Team Leads wear a lot of hats - including hands-on coding, mentoring developers, influencing our product vision, and designing our system architecture. We have high standards for code quality, all forms of testing, and intelligent architecture
We are looking for a Team Lead - Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership for a key Restaurant facing team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners. Our Team Leads wear a lot of hats - including hands-on coding, mentoring developers, influencing our product vision, and designing our system architecture. We have high standards for code quality, all forms of testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Architect, implement and test technology solutions at Grubhub
- Motivate and advise technical solutions across multiple cross-functional teams
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices, and technologies. We are always improving the process of building software, we need you to help contribute
- Own your team's sprints, ceremonies, and deliverables committed to each sprint.
- Participate in future product direction
- Act as a technical voice for the restaurant technology group
- Encourage continuous delivery and an experimentation-centered development process
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications(e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Masterful understanding of Java (5+ years experience)
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Masterful understanding of unit testing, version control, and load testing
- Mastery of service and system level architecture
- Experience and deep understanding of how to build distributed and highly-available services
- Experience with AWS and Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience and understanding of Non-Relational Databases
- Understanding Cassandra specifically is a plus
- Understanding and some experience with Frontend frameworks is a plus
- Must be genuinely awesome
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs