|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Indefinite U.S. Work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable
Please note that this role is located in Plymouth Michigan. This position would be ideal for someone looking to return to their Midwest roots.
Robert Bosch LLC is looking for a Perception Engineer in our Plymouth, MI location.
This position is focused on software and algorithm development for Perception for Autonomous Driving and Driving Assistance. Your responsibilty would be to develop algorithms that allow our automated vehicles to percieve the world around it for high assurance environmental modelling and situational analysis. Perception remains the critical building block for automated driving and driver assistance.
Here are some of things you will be working on:
- Whiteboard new software designs with other engineers for scalability and performance requirements from the customer
- Create algorithms based on complicated math and convert that into understandable code
- Dig through multiple lines of code, sometimes in different development environments to understand where your code should go.
- Troubleshoot measurements to understand the source of problems in vehicle systems
- Evaluate your solution with the help of calibration engineers
- Make legacy code run faster on embedded devices
- Document and version control (Git) the code to allow for easy walk-backs and sharing with other divisions in Bosch, local or international.
- Set up test cases to ensure that the code meet safety critical system requirements
- Using agile methods with a team, figuring out how to divide up the work, how to offer suggestions, and how to play nice with others.
- Writing code that's multi-platform (Linux, Windows and Embedded targets)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- 3+ years of academic or professional experience in software programming (C++)
- 1+ years of working knowledge in other languages.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Academic or professional experience with robotics and or automated driving
- Exposure to Robotic Operating System (ROS).
- Knowledge of driver assistance sensor technologies and functions
- Comfortable with in-vehicle test activities.
- Experience with Vector tools such as CANape and CANalyzer.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN and Automotive Ethernet
- Good communication skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customers.
- Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs