|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
Canada - Work Permit Jobs
Indeed is looking for talented SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS across the globe to work at our world class development center in Vancouver, Canada. Vancouver ranks highest in North America and fifth globally in Mercer’s Quality of Living Survey since 2011. Vancouver is a postcard in any direction you look, boasting stunning mountain and ocean scenery and a mild climate yielding plentiful recreational opportunities in the city and beautiful outdoors surrounding.
- Globally competitive compensation package
- Work-life balance through an open vacation policy and a flexible work schedule
- International relocation
- Centrally located office at Waterfront Station (Canada and Millennium Line on the SkyTrain, SeaBus to Lonsdale Quay on the North Shore, West Coast Express to Abbotsford) with views of the North Shore mountains and Burrard Inlet.
- All day snacks and beverages, weekly happy hours
- Three ski resorts (Cypress, Grouse and Seymour) under an hour’s drive from the office and Whistler a 90 minute drive.
Indeed is seeking talented and experienced senior software engineers with a track record of delivery high quality and scalable solutions for high traffic websites and similar applications. We are interested in engineers capable of mentoring more junior engineers and those with prior experience in technical and team leadership.
Do you have a passion for run time performance, devising simple and elegant solutions to complex problems and managing large volumes of information? Do you enjoy learning and developing new skills? Do you have a high sense of ownership and take pride in a job well done?
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related field and 5 years full time experience or Masters and 3 years.
- Experience writing production software in C, C++, Java, Python, Golang, C# or Perl.
- Minimum one year mentoring more junior engineers or leading a team.
- Minimum one year developing on large scale, high performance systems.
Vancouver is Indeed’s newest engineering office building on the recent acquisition of resume.com, and offers the unique opportunity to have significant career opportunities for engineers capable of contributing to the growth and defining the direction of the site. We expect to increase headcount substantially while forming new teams, creating new products and bringing established projects to Vancouver.
The work is diverse, challenging, interesting and significantly benefits people using Indeed in making one the most important decisions in their lives. Your work will help people get the best jobs possible, profoundly improving their well being and happiness. With stakes so high, a good enough search engine is not good enough. Our goal is excellence in our engineering, our operations, our product, and our people.
Join a cross functional team that is autonomous, self-sufficient and self-directed, owns its product and engineering, empowered to decide goals, metrics, targets and initiatives, and solves novel problems with a blend of proven and cutting edge technology and innovative approaches. Work with other world class talent and advance your career in engineering.
Come to Vancouver and help us help people get jobs by hitting the ‘Apply now’ button.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Canada - Work Permit Jobs