|Date Posted||April 10, 2019|
Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs
Liberty IT employs over 500 people who develop a wide range of specialist and enterprise scale applications and provide technical support across the global enterprise for our parent company, Liberty Mutual. Across our two offices in Belfast and Dublin our teams live and breathe innovation, creativity and commitment to excellence - designing and implementing innovative solutions using both existing and emerging technologies. Combine that with our commitment to providing a great place to work for employees and you have the perfect place to start or grow your career.
As a Technologist you will provide technical leadership and drive innovation in a unit of agile teams to rapidly and effectively deliver great software that adds real value to our customers. You will be challenged. You will have the chance to be creative and have your voice heard. We will offer you a competitive salary, enable you to balance your work and life, and support you through coaching and training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of how the products you work on fit into the larger business market and organization, and use this to make technical decisions on the project.
- Have ownership of the architecture and design on a portfolio of products.
- Build great customer relationships by listening and empathizing with our customers and using creative thinking practices and processes to provide them with the solutions they really need.
- Review and provide input to architectural designs to drive value for our customers. Identify opportunities where the team can innovate and add value for our customers.
- Provide technical expertise to the unit. Identify and resolve technical issues when required.
- Collaborate with the Technical Architect to Identify and implement innovative technologies that align with the long term unit strategy.
- Share expertise and mentor the Engineering community of the unit, ensuring the team is continuously improving and learning together to meet current and future product needs.
- Proactively contribute to Liberty IT Technology Office initiatives to create and share best practices across the wider organization.
- Continuously develop your own expertise.
- Share knowledge and expertise across the wider organization or beyond through networks, events and communities of practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be just as good at working with people as technology. Someone who makes a team better by being part of it, and demonstrates and teaches others to do the same.
- Provide feedback in a timely, effective and actionable format that allows individual team members to improve.
- Champion the importance and principles of writing clean, quality, high performing and secure code within their team and the department.
- Be proactive about continuous improvement and innovation, and encourage your team to do the same. Someone who doesn’t just dream it but gets it done.
- Have excellent communication skills that allow them to share experiences and expertise in an impactful way using the right method of communication and the right level for the audience.
- Be passionate about technology and actively look for ways to increase their technical knowledge.
- Be a leader and have strong commercial acumen. Have the ability to identify and communicate how new product offerings can add value to our customers.
- A third level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of 3 years recent relevant technical experience at a senior level, providing technical leadership on complex/challenging technical projects.
- Expertise in the design and delivery of complex solutions and products in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive knowledge of all components of technical architecture.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs