|Date Posted||May 13, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Databases team is looking for experienced and passionate software engineers who possess backgrounds in systems, programming, networking, relational and document datastores. We’re especially interested in skills building high availability systems or systems where consistency is paramount.
Our team is responsible for many of the stateful systems at Squarespace. This includes relational databases, document databases, durable queues, caches, and naming services. We work with transactional as well as batch/analytic workloads.
We’re entrusted with making critical decisions about the most important assets at squarespace. Due to the gravity of this responsibility, our attention to detail must be exacting; our programming abstractions on spec, and our commitment to service resilience extraordinary.
- Build automation around infrastructure components like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Kafka clusters.
- Instrument data storage systems so that engineers across the company can intuit how changes in behavior impact the databases.
- Be a subject matter expert for some of these technologies.
- Document best practices for interacting with data storage systems; be emboldened to present these to groups outside the team.
- Enhance and extend a platform that enables engineers to write products and supports them by choosing safe defaults for availability and consistency.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our platform.
- Care and feeding for data storage libraries in our supported languages.
- Strong programming experience in Java, C++, Go, or Python.
- Deep experience managing large-scale software and distributed systems in *nix environments.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with web application development.
- The ability to clearly reason about why a data model is a good fit for a problem.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Extensive operational and architectural background in SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Strong understanding of database design, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed.. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs