|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Logistics Technology
Reports to: Engineering Lead, Logistics
Team Size: <10
Recruiter Name, Email: Maria Garcia, [email protected]
As a Senior Backend Engineer - Smart Delivery in Berlin, you will constantly improve our delivery and returns proposition to bridge the last mile for our customers to get the right package to the right customers at the right time. Delivering a high-performance, stable, auto-scaling in-house warehouse management system, you will have a direct impact on customer happiness. We aim to delight our customers and make the Zalando customer experience as convenient as possible.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive proofs of concept, pilots and technology evaluations to accelerate the onboarding of new technologies and solution designs
- Manage your service from the architecture to testing, deployment and operation in an agile environment
- Deliver high-performance, resilient and scalable distributed system landscape that handles large amounts of data while continuously enabling a high pace of change and innovation by working with your development and product team
- Contributing to our growing tech community and encouraging knowledge sharing
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years of professional programming experience with significant expertise in Java and related popular frameworks such as Spring, SQL databases as well as experience in microservice architecture, distributed systems and RESTful APIs using relevant technologies
- Skilled in automated testing, high-performance code and complex server environments
- Effective communication skills in English and ability to understand business requirements
- Academic degree in Computer Science
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe’s busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs