|Date Posted||May 29, 2019|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Do you want to influence the experience of millions of customers? And work in a collaborative environment that impacts products and software from across the company? Have you seen the SEM ads on Google when you search for “hotels in vegas with a pool”? Have you tried out “Discover” tab on Expedia?
The NLP Technologies team is building the platform to engage our users in a natural language and semantic search for travel. Users can now search for travel products in a more human way and get highly relevant results. They can also have conversations via voice or text across multiple emerging channels such as messaging applications, digital assistants, Website or mobile App.
Do you want to be part of this transition - travel powered by AI? Join us to build the next generation of NLP technologies which would transform the travel industry into a new era!
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will with engineering, product teams and UX designers to understand requirements, research/document the technological criteria necessary to meet those requirements, and ensure roll-outs are delivered with the committed features.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- You will design and implementation of high performance, scalable, robust and reliable sever applications that support key Expedia initiatives.
- You will translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- You will prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- You will provide code reviews to assess over call code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques.
- You will drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- You will write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other developers both local and in various other Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality.
- You will support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach.
- You will serve as a technical leader within the organization.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in software development with shipping large, cross-functional projects in a global internet service environment.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java and its associated technology stacks such as Spring.
- Experience in NLP/ML technologies.
- Experience building web services in the cloud, particularly with AWS solutions.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems
- Experience in agile/scrum teams, and ability to learn from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and other NoSQL solutions.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs