|Date Posted||June 26, 2019|
Japan - Working visa Jobs
Rakuten is one of the leading e-commerce companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the “Global Innovation Company”. Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and fintech, bringing joy to almost 1.3 billion members across the world.
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer for the Geo Platform Team. The team is currently focused on building Rakuten’s first company-wide Geo Platform that provides user-centric geo products for various businesses within Rakuten ecosystem.
As a front-end developer, you’ll be responsible for creating beautiful, responsive, and performant user interfaces while also working alongside our backend engineers. You will also design and develop new features by working with our product and engineering teams. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Produce well-designed, maintainable code that adheres to SOLID software design principles
- Develop front end applications, advocate and demonstrate the use of industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application design, product development, and user experiences (location does matter - you will make it easier for people to visualize their data with location in mind)
- Develop software used by people who are not software developers - ensure the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Demonstrate strong design skills
- Participate in prototyping exercises with new technologies
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
- Experience with additional front-end development technologies such as Node.JS, HTML5, CSS3, etc.
- Strong passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design, combined with well-rounded design skills (interaction, UI, visual, and motion design)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies is a plus
- Special GEO data visualization background will be a strong plus
- Experience open-source geospatial technologies such as Leaflet or OpenLayers, OpenStreetMap
- Professional experience in GIS application design, development, and implementation
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3, Charts or Highcharts or related technologies
- Experience with server side languages such as Java or PHP, etc.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Japan - Working visa Jobs