|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
We connect heroes* through sports!
Our mission is to innovate the way people connect, share moments, and create content in the world of sports. By empowering live streaming at scale, we support the creation of network of sport communities.
4 billion people share their passion for football - the world’s largest focused community. Our streaming platform already connects 6 continents, 17 million raving fans, 30 million streams annually, supported by 5 international offices across the world, 30+ nationalities and 70+ mycujoo heroes… and that’s just the beginning: the global world of (E-)sports is our playground and digital innovation is our gameplan.
We’re a rapidly growing sports tech company. But it’s not just sports and tech that bring us together. It’s the opportunity to have a significant impact on the digital revolution, while being connected to passionate cujoos from every corner of the world.
As a software engineering manager, you are responsible for leading a number of independent teams of software and data engineers. You will work in a fast paced and ever changing environment. The role will be mainly hands-off but you are expected to keep up with the latest technology and use your engineering knowledge and experience to lead and guide your teams. Your role is to support and empower these teams in moving towards their targets and you are an expert at knowing when to listen and when to influence.
Maximizing the value and impact of each individual is your bread and butter. You will be in close communication with the numerous stakeholders inside of the company, aligning their needs and requirements with the direction of your teams. You will report directly to the Director of Technology.
- Lead a group of small and independent development teams;
- Grow these teams by hiring new engineering talent;
- Coach and evaluate team members in their professional growth;
- Work with company-wide stakeholders on aligning priorities;
- Promote creativity and continuous education
- 7+ years experience in software engineering
- 5+ years experience in leading development teams, preferably working on highly available software systems
- People person - you are an inspirational leader who would love to bring its team to the next level
- Experience building complex applications that have been successfully delivered to (external) customers
- Experience and knowledge of operating large systems at scale
- Experience in product development with cross-functional teams
- Experience with micro services architectures
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience with continuous integration, unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
Why would you want to join us?
Obviously, we have Friday drinks, fun events, and a foosball table (surprise, surprise ). And, yes, we give you flexibility, responsibility, challenging projects, and we are great colleagues. What makes us unique?! The opportunity to turn an industry upside-down and to shape the future of global sports communities - something you can be super proud of and tell all your friends about it.
Closely connected to sports, we team up and like challenges! We work hard, but we also take care of each other. Balance is part of our lives - no matter if it’s family, workouts (before, during & after work), fun events (pictures speak more than words!), or anything else that makes you happy… Together, we go for the win - conquering the world, creating more value for our communities, step by step.
So...are you in?
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs